Guinness

What Did You Do To Your Smart Today?

4,921 posts in this topic

Installed EFX brand HID lights on 01/01/10. Trying something new in regards to the #%&!^&* headlights burrning out. Have replaced EIGHT already. I can now remove the "NOSE CONE" in less that 15 minutes. I have also perfected the way to remove the cone all by myself with out scratching anything.I purchased this brand because they have a LIFETIME guarantee on the "bulbs"

Hey brother this is a long time MB fail. My expensive V8 E-class headlamps burn constantly as well. Much surprised to hear that this problem still persists across the board.

Finally, all the graphics i wanted were applied, plus an unexpected one below the hatch... :unsure: a little over the top maybe?Norm

post-8347-1284760141_thumb.jpg

post-8347-1284760161_thumb.jpg

post-8347-1284760177_thumb.jpg

post-8347-1284760192_thumb.jpg

Changed the front (right) lightbulb, another "first" for me.Instructions from the evilution-website, did it the "fast" way through the service screen.Took me 15 minutes, next time I know what I do and will be faster....... (i hope)Now Smarty can "see" again!Ghost

Activated the tach and cruise in my other (black/silver) 450 at the Outsmarting the Dragon II event. Lots of Quebec 450s here. :)

LOL The Quebec smart club got the ball rolling a while ago, so quite a few were able to make it.

Wired the LED's which are built in my speakers......To be honest - I did not know that when I bought them :-)Ghost

post-8446-1285030412_thumb.jpg

Wired the LED's which are built in my speakers......To be honest - I did not know that when I bought them :-)Ghost

Coo-well! Are they on a switch so you can turn 'em off? I'd think they would be plenty distracting at night!Bil :sun:

Coo-well! Are they on a switch so you can turn 'em off? I'd think they would be plenty distracting at night!Bil :sun:

Yes, the blue light sucks at night........ just a show for the Honda-Civic guys behind you! :-)No, there is no switch, so I built one in.Ghost

Installed the 8k bulbs in the smart on Sunday, they are too blue lol my buddy has some 6500's we will try, so hopefully that is better. To be honest, I need projectors tho, I would like to put them in the smaller circle (where people are putting the LED rings) Is that an option? Has anybody done a retrofit? I'm thinking those modified imported US headlights from the roadster are way too expensiveI'll post my pics later when I get a chance

I've had this net sitting around for ages and decided to sling it in the car today. It's a stretchy webbing that I think is sold to fit the rear gate of a pickup. Very inexpensive, from CTC or PA - don't remember which. The top is attached to the coat hooks and the bottom is hooked to a J-hook screwed to the inner panel of the Tridion wall, behind the seats. I am surprised how strong the coat hooks are!

Sorry for the cr@p pictures...

post-95-1285720207_thumb.jpg

post-95-1285720230_thumb.jpg

post-95-1285720246_thumb.jpg

Bil :sun:

Looks good, but why does it look like you have way more room in the back than me?I see you also have something on the carpet to stop things from sliding under the seats.

I've had this net sitting around for ages and decided to sling it in the car today. It's a stretchy webbing that I think is sold to fit the rear gate of a pickup. Very inexpensive, from CTC or PA - don't remember which. The top is attached to the coat hooks and the bottom is hooked to a J-hook screwed to the inner panel of the Tridion wall, behind the seats. I am surprised how strong the coat hooks are!

LMAO! I've had the same net in the back of my car for over a year, folded under the seat. I have yet to install any of the anchors! Meanwhile I've used it a number of time when transporting over-sized boxes. I hook the loops over the seat hinges and cabrio latches, and leave the tail-gate down.

Haven't actually accomplished the chore yet but I now have 4 hubcaps and will install them some time today!!!!! Ish.Baby now has hubcaps on all 4 wheels. She's a happy girl :PToday I installed some inexpensive seat covers. They're cute. They have little tree frogs on them. Will protect the light colour seats. I also installed the new 2 cup cup holder which arrived from England when I was away last week.I'm going to have the windows tinted. Since the triangle windows won't hold the film, I wondered about putting some vinyl smart logos on them. Not the adhesive ones but the static cling ones. Any thoughts??Is.

Edited by ishkabibble

Had to pick up my Boss From the car repair shop this morning. He asked me if he could bring his lunch with him (He was trying to make a small car joke)

I treated my cabrio roof to another waterproofing treatment. I'm getting no better at doing this - the masking tape keeps coming off the rubber seals. Apart from the masking off process, the other real pain is trying not to breathe the stuff in.Now the car smells like waterproofing spray inside. At least it doesn't kill your sense of smell.

I treated my cabrio roof to another waterproofing treatment. I'm getting no better at doing this - the masking tape keeps coming off the rubber seals. Apart from the masking off process, the other real pain is trying not to breathe the stuff in.Now the car smells like waterproofing spray inside. At least it doesn't kill your sense of smell.

So glad I have a glass roof! :lol:

I have to do Snowball for the first time and the other cabrio for the third time this weekend....

Seriously, why am I always the last one to find any of this $h.t out??I have to treat my roof?okay...Do I have to get the waterproofing chemicals at MBor do you guys use aftermarket stuff?

Mercedes will sell you the can for about $17 or so. There is also a bottle of cleaner, but if you have been keeping the roof clean, it likely won't need it. Mercedes has care products for all aspects of your car. I think whoever makes Meguiars' does some of the stuff.It is preventative maintenance. Whether you do it or not depends on how you want the car to look. The roof is massively expensive to replace and almost six years in, mine still looks good.

I drove my Old Winter tires over to a buyers house last night. Sold my old tires for $250 which i know i could have got more but people are looking for a deal... What's $50? Anyways I drove for large tires to a buyers home!Cheers