Guinness

What Did You Do To Your Smart Today?

4,038 posts in this topic

Watched a video for tail lights and they sand and spray the outside of the tail light. Would be interested to hear how the process is done on windows. Maybe I can find a video of that too?

BCsmart ... The VHT stuff looks great from the outside since it is not affected by the spray .. looks just like a regular dark tint. From the inside, it will look differently, depending on how much you apply. ....... Photos to follow.  See the thread about tinting for outside photos .. post #16 shows the outside quite well.

To continue from above, spent Tuesday in Sudbury and returned to St Thomas on Wednesday.

Put 1,123 km on the Grandstyle, with no problems.

Started both mornings @ more than -20C.  No plugins where I stayed.

btw.... heads up to travellers.  DON’T stay at the Best Western in Sudbury.

Overall result was 4.25 l/100km or about 66.5 mpg.  Not great, but lots of big headwinds.

Now, it sure needs a wash.  Have to wait till temp is above freezing.

1 person likes this

I put insurance on the canada1 yesterday, and today I did an oil and oil filter/o-ring change. I will need to do a decent wash and detail soon.

I keep hearing a rumour that someone wants to drive the car home to Ontario, but that has not happened yet. :)

Just over 107,000 kms

Posted (edited) · Report post

That would be interesting: two of the three original Ontario cars end up here and the one BC car ends up in Ontario (if it happens).  2 for 1, even then, BC wins ;)

Edited by MikeT

My Canada 1 is sitting outside because Sean has been using it to commute to UVIC (nice 92 km each way).  He has had ACL reconstruction surgery so it's the only car he can drive at the moment, because ours are all manual.

My new "Conti Summers" just arrived on my front porch. Now just need to have them mounted.

Contis.jpg

Oil and filter at 127,500 km in the Canada 1, plus a wash.  The odometer rate should calm down through the summer (unless we drive it to Winnipeg in July!).

Oil had 8500 km on it, with 1600 km until the required change.  I dragged it out because the car was doing 200 km a day.

The alternator belt failed on my 451.  Had it towed to Cincinnati, to be repaired Monday morning.  Only 5k km on the belt, do not know if the belt was defective or the Tech in London was not quite on the ball when it was installed.  Much thanks to all the smart owners at the Ohio rally that came to my aid today.

1 person likes this

Oh man what a pain.  Hope it works out.

P0380 today.  Will check wiring Sunday, but may have to go to dealer when we're back from Japan.  Our green and black smart was less demanding.

Finally got around to getting rid of the dealer supplied license plate frames.

Installed powder coated black ones which, look so much better...:D

I spent a few hours searching for the horn, finally found it and replaced the Meep meep with a BEEP BEEP!  Also power washed as much of the oily mess off it as I could, but still found gallons of it after removing belly pans....augh!  Next is a seperate power/fuse block to power anything that isn't already being powered by the car as in factory, all add-ons will be powered by seperate power supply.  Tuesday and Wednesday's job seeing as it's supposed to be chucking it down again!

I can now change front clip in simply minutes.....lol....