Guinness

What Did You Do To Your Smart Today?

4,069 posts in this topic

Had an adjustment done to the actuator in the Cabrio yesterday.  It's now working as it should.  Many thanks to Uncle Glenn for that.

Now it's time to get out the garden hose and wash the bugs and road tar off it in preparation for the Cruz'in event at the Plunkett Estate on Thursday, August 3rd.

Spruced up my little Brabus with some strips last night.  

IMG_2930.jpeg

IMG_2931.jpeg

IMG_2932.jpeg

6 people like this

Had Eddy at Flying Tiger install a set of Vredestein Quatrac 5's yesterday. Major difference in the handling

and comfort characteristics of our 453 ED! Today I installed the new scoop (okay I know it's not going to do much

for the electric motor) but, it looks good! Lastly, I installed the aftermarket cargo cover. Last thing I'm considering is,

replacing the halogen H4 lamps with some LED equivalents. This will depend if they'll  fit in the existing housing ...:huh:

need photos

I returned my 2015 Electric Drive at the end of its 3-year lease today. It's a bittersweet moment, marking the end of twelve years of smart motoring. 

The "blub-blub-blub" of the tiny CDI still puts a smile on my face, but nowhere near the size of the grin I got every time I mashed the pedal down in the ED. 

And of course, I met all of you! 

Keep smart!

IMG_2362.JPG

BTW, my lease return may have been the only smart on the premises at Mercedes-Benz Markham, which is a corporate store. There was a tiny sign at the side of the showroom, but not a single car to be seen anywhere. 

I suspect the end end of the smart brand is not far off. 

Yup, in North America at least.

Today I ordered a car cover for my little Smart and a 3" antenna so I could fit the cover over it. 

On 9/11/2017 at 9:45 AM, darren said:

I suspect the end end of the smart brand is not far off. 

Please say it isn't so. :(

6 hours ago, Dumbsmartgirl said:

Today I ordered a car cover for my little Smart and a 3" antenna so I could fit the cover over it. 

Please say it isn't so. :(

So are you getting a pop top? If you are, let me know how it holds up. I'm thinking of getting one for mine.

On 9/20/2017 at 8:19 AM, Wild! said:

So are you getting a pop top? If you are, let me know how it holds up. I'm thinking of getting one for mine.

I got the full car cover. I went with the Stormforce cover so I could keep all the elements off my Smarty. I considered the pop top but went with the full coverage instead. I've read a lot of good reviews for the pop top though. Maybe I'll try a pop top (eventually) for just taking on short trips around town. 

So, finally made my decision and purchased a set of H4 LED headlights...

Install was fairly easy but had to modify the dust caps to fit.

The light colour is exactly the same as the DRL's.

This is what should have been installed when the LED package

was selected...:angry:

Edited by lebikerboy

Had 'CBERT', my new Grandstyle washed, waxed and detailed.  Looked brand new yesterday (had to go to a funeral).

Apparently the birds see it now as excellent target practice.... maybe there's extra points for hitting a green car vs red.

Over the past week, I was able to use Evilution's eeprom method to retrieve the Grundig radio code! So excited that it actually worked. Got the wifi connection to work with my new SDConnect C4 multiplexer.

Clever method that Stickman. Well done!

I have pulled all six deep race ball bearings from my 450's transmission. Left end bearing on input shaft was bad making an unbearable noise. Also noise from right end bearing on input shaft and both differential bearings. Decided to replace all. Only £26.26 for six new NTN bearings. 

IMG_1574.jpg

Photo shot last night. All bearings came off with no sweat. 

I pulled the SAM down and put some MolySlip Combat on the connectors that control the headlights and fuel pump.  Despite its external relay, the fuel pump circuit has acted up twice in the past 12 months.  The first time it was in Portland during a deluge on the way back from Indio CA and a boot to the SAM got her going.  Two days ago the car turned over an additional half second than usual.  If it does again, power for the external relay will be drawn straight from the battery as it is for my 2 headlight relays.