Guinness

What Did You Do To Your Smart Today?

4,628 posts in this topic

I'll be venturing back under beater today reinstalling the bits I removed two days ago....minus the air-con pump. With any luck that is.....back isn't telling me it a good idea at the moment.  Fingers crossed.  I took altenator to my guy who rebuilds them and was warned not to allow just anyone to mess with these little monsters as one incorrect charge and you'll be buying a new unit. He doesn't have the correct machine to be able to test it so refused to touch it. He said if it was working beofre simply clean it up and reinstal.....they either work or they do not.  So begrudgingly that's today's job. 

The Canada 1 went to Victoria to the GAIN Classic Restoration and Collision Centre for its front end damage repair.  One or more of the guys who restored the 404C will be working on the car - Coachwerks was sold to GAIN and their former employees now work for GAIN.

I provided a nearly new stream green fender to replace the cracked one.  I may have the car back next week.

Meanwhile it's parked by an MGB, Austin-Healey 100-6, Porsche Turbo, Mercedes 280 SL and Citroën DS 21.

1 person likes this

Did the drivers door handle cable.  While the inner trim panel was off I gave it a scrub with fabric cleaner.  Cleaned and reprofed the hood.  Gave the car a quick wash and leather.  Rain X'd the screen.  Collapsed in a heap.

1 person likes this