Guinness

What Did You Do To Your Smart Today?

4,821 posts in this topic

Battery placed on charge.  Luckily I've fitted a hidden socket inside the car to plug into, saves me having to lift the carpet each time.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited) · Report post

22 hours ago, Chopper said:

Battery placed on charge.  Luckily I've fitted a hidden socket inside the car to plug into, saves me having to lift the carpet each time.

I have done that on both smarts.  Switching from winter to summer car just needs to be plugged in to a battery maintainer. (and back again in the late fall. 

If you use a plug without the cap like the one in the photos (below), make sure that the positive lead from the battery is the one that goes to the end with the rubber cover around the contact pin.

Smart battery plug 01.jpg

Smart battery plug 02.jpg

Smart battery plug 03.jpg

Edited by Leadwing
To add photos
2 people like this

Very similar to my set up.  I used Optimate connectors and hid the cars connector inside the ashtray.

1 person likes this

Here's a custom made version for the smart:

IMG_0953.JPG

1 person likes this

Well....took half the day fiddling around doing odd jobs for the better half and then when not being bothered, getting lift out of the beater.....got the front end done, tomorrow morning hopefully I can manage to get enough time to do the rear....time will tell.....

Drove my car Tuesday for the first time in eight months,  what a blast.

4 people like this

OK, finally, it's all back to original height......feels strange...lol. But she's quiet again....No metal on metal banging....so all's well. 

I hate not having a vehicle to drive at any point in time.....augh....!

1 person likes this

Hit 5.3l/100km today with my 2015 ice pure on a highway day dealing with life! For me... that’s excellent! :D

Drove mine to the range so I could spend some quality time with my Glock.  The car park was rammed full of pickups, Rangies, ladies etc, and then my lonely looking little Smart.  Treated him to a wash and leather when I got him to make it up to him.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited) · Report post

Search and rescue callout today.  140 miles in the hissing rain.  Poor old thing is filthy now.

Edited by Chopper

It has absolutely hammered it down with rain these last few days.  While my cabrio is normally water tight, it has succumbed slightly and the passenger carpet it wet.  Still, its damp, not sodden, so the carpet in that side has been lifted and a fan heated is blowing warm air across the area as we speak.  Itll be dry in an hour or so, whereupon I'll spray the floor with Duck Oil and slip the carpet back.

Got the C1 all dolled up and had it appraised today.

Not thinking of selling but want an opinion of what its worth if ever the unthinkable were to happen.

Now just have to wait for a few weeks for the appraiser to call and say he has no idea. LOL

Alan

@Henry @MikeT Maybe we can get 3 of the C1s together? I'll be making a BC trip in 2 weeks. Will be on the island for 3 days...interested?

1 person likes this

Hi Stickman

I am located in Surrey but will be heading back to the island beginning of July.  Not sure of your time table but keep me posted I will work to make it work.

Alan

For sure.  Two weeks, so like the 26th or thereabouts?

On 6/12/2019 at 7:33 AM, Chopper said:

It has absolutely hammered it down with rain these last few days.  While my cabrio is normally water tight, it has succumbed slightly and the passenger carpet it wet.  Still, its damp, not sodden, so the carpet in that side has been lifted and a fan heated is blowing warm air across the area as we speak.  Itll be dry in an hour or so, whereupon I'll spray the floor with Duck Oil and slip the carpet back.

Check your door seals at the top where they join  at the front and rear, the removable bars. Make sure they are seating properly, I had the same problem with mine. 

The itinerary is Tues-Victoria, Weds-Tofino, Thurs-Nanaimo...Our schedule is flexible. PM me if there are any smarties that would like to meet up!

if we are talking Tuesday July 2 Victoria and so on I am on vacation and anytime or place works.  Be aware the fish and chips place in the Nanaimo marina  burnt down and has not reopened yet, please correct me if I am wrong, PLEASE!!!! 

If we are suggesting a week earlier still doable but a little more juggling will be required.

Alan

Not today but yesterday.  Took 'Silverwing' and the mrs. on a wee outing to Orangeville   Nice weather which meant top down all the way.  Had lunch with a fellow member and picked up some bits for 'Uncle Glenn' at the same time.  A nice peaceful ride there and back. 

Trying to work out some details for a Saturday day-trip for the local (and not-so-local)  members.  Something that will allow us to just relax and enjoy the ride to and from the meeting spot with the whole thing culminating in an afternoon meet (much like the London area smarties monthly Tuesday evening meets) only a tad further.  The meeting spot has yet to be determined, but it will most likely be in the Orangeville / Hoclcley Valley area.

Stay tuned for more when we figure it out.

1 person likes this

Been using my 450 again this week.  Its remarkable how much more economical it is in the warm/how weather, 15% or more better economy.