Guinness

What Did You Do To Your Smart Today?

4,834 posts in this topic

That's some addiction you have !!

I painted and fitted eyebrows to Marcie, she looks a little meaner now :thumbsup_still:

1 person likes this

Went and picked up $1800 worth of fireworks for Canada day show at the campground.

Guess I can call it a Smart bomb now.

24 minutes ago, BWM said:

Went and picked up $1800 worth of fireworks for Canada day show at the campground.

Guess I can call it a Smart bomb now.

No smoking!!

Well I finally got me some bubble wrap in the mail....lol.....Boat must have docked yesterday....yah right...lol

I got me a brand new oil drain pan with a threaded hole with a plug in it....!   A real oil pan....no more sucking BS for this old timer.  I like it in the stone age...lol

Wonder what'll show up next...?

Knackered rear window cut out with a scalpel.  A sheet of 3mm UV resistant polycarbonate bonded in with Sikaflex, and a number of small, black pop rivets.  Looks good.  I'll do a photo when all is dry and I can wipe off the fingerprints.

Downside is I can't have the roof all the way down, but that's no heaeache for me as I tended to just roll the too back and leave it there anyway.

1 person likes this

20190704_111442.jpgThe finished article.  Still needs a wipe down, and I'm planning to tint it to match the side windows - if I'd thought it through I'd have done that before fitting the window.  Duh.  Neat, tidy and weatherproof for £11.

4 people like this

After experiencing this restaurant for the first time  (London's April meet), I revisited it with the same results.  Fantastic food and service.  A beautiful day for top-down touring.  Nice one hour (plus) drive in each direction. 

190704_001.jpg

1 person likes this

Instead of tint I nipped into town and bought a metre of Fly Eye.  £2.60.  Applied it to the inside of the "glass", and while it doesn't look quite as smart as applying it to the outside it certainly looks neater with all the edges hidden, etc.  It looks really rather good.  So, an effective and neat repair for under £15 all in.  Phew!

I like the cabrio, but as an old car buyer, driver and maintainer it's just something else to faff about with, so when I go the 451 route it'll definitely be a hard top.

My car, Spank, is in decent cosmetic condition.  The only exception is the scuffing on each corner from a previous owner who clearly struggled to drive an 8 feet long car.  They probably shouldn't be allowed on the road.

Anyway, today I start rubbing down and priming the damage, and then I'll get it off to a bodyshop to get the river silver properly matched and blown back in.

1 person likes this