Guinness

What Did You Do To Your Smart Today?

3,994 posts in this topic

I have been looking at getting the Sprint Booster, but haven't been able to tell how it works. The only way that it makes sense to me is that it makes the car think the pedal is down further than it is.. which isn't too appealing for reliability. Anyone have some insight?

Installed EFX brand HID lights on 01/01/10. Trying something new in regards to the #%&!^&* headlights burrning out. Have replaced EIGHT already. I can now remove the "NOSE CONE" in less that 15 minutes. I have also perfected the way to remove the cone all by myself with out scratching anything.I purchased this brand because they have a LIFETIME guarantee on the "bulbs"

Today I got my winters installed. The car was too short to hoist using their lift (dunno if there is a better term for it), so they raised half the car at a time. :lol:

post-7556-1262489363_thumb.jpg

The 451's sold in Canada and the northern US should really come with a set of winter tires mounted on separate wheels and proper summer tires instead of the all seasons.

Installed EFX brand HID lights on 01/01/10. Trying something new in regards to the #%&!^&* headlights burrning out. Have replaced EIGHT already. I can now remove the "NOSE CONE" in less that 15 minutes. I have also perfected the way to remove the cone all by myself with out scratching anything.I purchased this brand because they have a LIFETIME guarantee on the "bulbs"

Whats the point of buying a brand wih lifetime warranty when it breaks down all the time? Get something reliable. The last pair of HIDs (Actualy HIDs, not HID-Liek Bulbs) lasted 4 years before it died. I wouldnt want my HIDs to die in the middle of the night when i am driving down a highway in the middle of nothingness.Anyway, as for today, I called my uncle (who works in China) today to update the HID Group Buy Stat. The participation on Fiffreak is going pretty well so far =) Edited by Guinness

So, what did I do today? I detailed the Smart amd took some photos of it.. with the installed HID.

I didnt bring my DSLR so the photos are just so-so (taken with cell)

Well, here goes... and these are ALSO the ones listed in the group buy...

Posted Image

6000K H7 Low Beam and 3000K H11 Fogs

*Glare due to lens reflection*

Posted Image

The color of the light, 6000K vs 3000K

*Notice the clean cutoff line from the projectors, NO GLARE*

Posted Image

Another photo of 6000K vs. 3000K

Posted Image

A close up of the headlights

*Lights appear to be mroe blue due to image processor on camera*

Hopefully these photos are usful for those who are looking to buy HIDs. IMO, 6000K is the best looking without sacrificing brightness.

FYI, if you guys want to get HIDs, I am doing this group buy. To sign up @ http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/sale-local-...html#post791704

Disclaimer: I am NOT a vendor. I am just trying to do my part as a club smart member to bring everyone good deals; just like what I am doing on fitfreaks =)

Edited by Guinness

Lights look good Guinness,I washed mine, added some more decals at took it for a drive.BTW, your old "LENGENDARY" NHBP JDM GD3 TURBOED MUGEN FIT, looks AMAZING!!!. Steve

post-3704-1262622068_thumb.jpg

post-3704-1262622083_thumb.jpg

Edited by Coast Steve

Lights look good Guinness,BTW, your old "LENGENDARY" NHBP JDM GD3 TURBOED MUGEN FIT, looks AMAZING!!!. Steve

Thanks~ I am trying to stop myself from modding the Smart.. but the more i look at Smart Madness, the more i want to get their CF Hood, CF Scoop, CF Mirror Caps, CF Trunk, Brabus Headlights, Eurotaillights, and Silver eyebrow.You think its going to look good?? @.@

I finally installed the Euro wiper washers....what a difference.And removing the Bosch Aerotwin wipers and putting the Honda ones back on. The Honda ones work sooooo much better.

what about your new muffler?

I just sent my old one, so I don't expect the new one for a little while yet.But I also fixed my broken rear washer sprayer.....what a bad design that was going through the rear glass. And finally installing the winter floor mats.Still have to find time to install the power/heated mirrors, which I had sprayed satin black.And a big thanks to Duck for the info on installing the Euro washers. Worked great, even the shrink wrap came out perfect. And for those doing that mod, I bought 1/2" shrink wrap to do the job from my local Active Electronics. Edited by MightyMouseTech

I finally installed the Euro wiper washers....what a difference.And removing the Bosch Aerotwin wipers and putting the Honda ones back on. The Honda ones work sooooo much better.

Euro wiper washers??????????what exactly is that mod?

Euro wiper washers??????????what exactly is that mod?

Guess not the proper name for it, but it is the second spray nozzle that attaches to the drivers wiper arm, as seen here:http://clubsmartcar.com/index.php?showtopi...41&hl=wiperAlthough, you should know Rog, you have this mod as well... :) Edited by MightyMouseTech

Guess not the proper name for it, but it is the second spray nozzle that attaches to the drivers wiper arm, as seen here:http://clubsmartcar.com/index.php?showtopi...41&hl=wiperAlthough, you should know Rog, you have this mod as well... :)

Okey dokey, I was wondering if there was a different wiper mod I hadn't heard about.No worries then.

I finally put away the xmas tree that adorned my smart for our local xmas parade.

You are what you drive

Leadwing

'05 smart, '95 Jeep winter-beater, '89 Civic and a gaggle of motorcycles

Fully detailed her today, Inside out side and all around.. Very clean for about 45 sec of driving till someone F*C* in a F450 was driving down the middle of the road kicking up sand and mud.. all over the front of the car..

Today I let my smart sit out in the snow and drain the battery some more.. it's -27C and I didn't go outside at all, not even to shovel.. what a bum! I promise to give it some attention tomorrow :lol:

Posted Image

Changed the windshield wipers with Canadian Tire Exact fit wipers...and they actually did fit! :D

Did they fit EXACTLY ?I just use the ones costco sell, don't even know what brand they are as I bought em in 2006. Edited by The Rog Man

Brought Kalliste home, all superficial damage repaired by the dealership. The new paint job is bang-on to the original panels. Due to a miss-communication her fall was only about a foot. All suspension parts within spec. Very happy to have her home.

Glad to here your car has been fixed. It could have been much worse. If you have ANY other problems with it, i'd be taking it back, to make sure they make it right again.

My friend installed 9 sheets of Dynomat Extreme into the car. Took 6 hours of hard work but was well worth the effort~! No more road noise, no more engine noise, factory speakers sound a lot more clear now~ =D