Guinness

What Did You Do To Your Smart Today?

4,988 posts in this topic

No clue what the speakers are mounted in. My car is the 2006 pure model, so I assume it's just the crappy 4" speakers, which honestly is a massive improvement over the JBL clip Bluetooth speaker I was using lol. I do plan on upgrading to the bass boxes with the 5" speaker setup eventually, but it's a want and not a need so it'll have to wait. And I'll definitely look into wiring the power supply to its own seperate source, all I did was just wire the new deck into the factory harness and figured it's good enough for now, I don't listen to music super loud anyhow and I do typically prefer driving with the radio off so I don't use the radio much as is.

Well, got my neck interested in finally removing the last of the surface rust under the belly of the good car. Just a bit along portions of the seam at the rocker panel on the driver's side. None at all on the passenger's side....strange...I'm not complaining as the fuel tank would need to be lowered to get to that side if it was required. Got a good coat of red oxide primer lathered on also.

Next was to take SAM out for the umteenth  time....seeing as the fuel pump in the tank may not be supplying fuel to the high pressure pump.....just to peek at the connections etc. It is a brand new SAM so I didn't expect there to be an issue in the SAM, but it was right there so why not peek.  I did notice plenty of dust etc from wildly sandblasting with the windows open when I de-rusted the rear half of the under belly.   Big mistake...never sand blast in-doors without protecting everything.....augh!  So SAM blown out and also all connectors....no issue at all. Also the dash...lol.
So next I'll re-wire my external power fuse panel and incorporate all the relays from it and triggered by the SAM.   I'll do the power window mod also from there so you can lower windows without key on, similar to radio.

My neck is starting to seize up so it'll be a meds night hopefully no-where near as bad as last time under the car. Damn that took 2 weeks to get to a workable state again.

20201021_135010.jpg

Changed the oil, serviced front brakes.  Still have to service the rears and install winter tires.  And she should be good for another year, until the next oil change is due.

1 person likes this

I just serviced my 450. Never done a service on a car before as this is my first but after watching some videos and reading some guides I did the following:

Changed oil filter

Air filter

Pollen filter

the oil itself

Spark plugs, all six

And reset the service counter

10 hours ago, DaMadBoy said:

I just serviced my 450. Never done a service on a car before as this is my first but after watching some videos and reading some guides I did the following:

Changed oil filter

Air filter

Pollen filter

the oil itself

Spark plugs, all six

And reset the service counter

All "SIX" ?
Did I miss something?

1 hour ago, Leadwing said:

All "SIX" ?
Did I miss something?

I was going to ask but thought better of it.....lol

After reading about the white plug in the battery bay going green for the last six years I thought it might be time to investigate.  Well, mine is perfect.  Probably because my battery vent is still hooked up and I park in a garage so I don’t have any moisture in there.  I cleaned the battery terminals and buttoned it back up, should be good for another six years.

Nigel

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Nigel said:

After reading about the white plug in the battery bay going green for the last six years I thought it might be time to investigate.  Well, mine is perfect.  Probably because my battery vent is still hooked up and I park in a garage so I don’t have any moisture in there.  I cleaned the battery terminals and buttoned it back up, should be good for another six years.

Nigel

You've jinx'd yourself now buddy .....lol.

Well I worked on my Rommie this weekend the fuel tank is back in and so is her dash, Did a electrical test and nothing went boom. I will show some picks next weekend.

Haven't done much to the car recently but I did just recieved my S-mann scoop, painted it up and got it installed. Looks really good on the car, definitely a more sporty look for sure! 

20201203_080617.jpg20201203_080655.jpg

1 person likes this

I was going to make something like that....interesting....Hmmm...

My winter-beater is almost the same colour (mine is dark blue w / black) but I like what you did with the steel rims.  The gold colour with the mini axel caps looks good :thumbsup_anim: