Guinness

What Did You Do To Your Smart Today?

5,012 posts in this topic

I have cold air again! And my doors work!I tried to find where the paint peeled but could not, so that's good. A couple of very minor surface scuffs at the rear of the front wings where they may have hit the open doors while being removed, but I was going to detail (clean-polish-wax) the car soon anyway. A couple of annoyances: my right (up-shift) RS Parts paddle was off and sitting on the passenger seat. I assume the screws loosened over time and it fell off while they were working on it; because it was after-market, they didn't re-install it. It took 30 seconds to snug back up once home. Then as I got underway, I tried to adjust the mirrors. The driver's side mirror is hooked up backwards! Left is right, up is down! I can see this could be an honest mistake while putting the door back together. Luckily it's trivial to rectify this at home.It's a bit early, but I'm optimistic that the new, clean latches (with their clean micro-switches) will normalize the operation of Pinhead19's "No More Slammin'" module. Speaking of which, Brian: did you ever get around to fixing my passenger side module?

The green car now has its strikelines with wide tires back on. The winter tires are close to 4 mm so I probably should get some new ones this fall. 60,060 km at this point......would have made it to 80K km at 2 mm but that's too shallow for winters!! Dang it.

I forgot to mention that the Continental Eco Contacts (175/55-15) on the front of the car, which were just reinstalled today, have 108,514 km on them, and have 5 mm of tread left.

Yes, they are like plastic, very un-grippy compared to the rears. It's interesting how long they're lasting though, with some people complaining about going through front tires in 40K km.I think next year I will put some Conti Pros - like the Canada 1 has - on the green car's front axle.

EGR delete completed!

Info over here - to save double posting:

http://clubsmartcar.com/index.php?s=&s...st&p=298098

Posted Image

B :drive:

Credits and "thank you"s:

Francesco for original pipe concept and "ghetto" version prototype provided.

Rick for assistance tackling the dirty project and fabricating the block plate.

and... damn, who made the Emulator V.1 for me way back when? PLEASE remind me - and thank you!

Edited by bilgladstone

I treated the Nappa (dyed through) leather surfaces on the Canada 1 with Connolly Hide Care, took a while but it was well worth it!

Changed the coolant today. Bit of a pain to get rid of an airlock in the system but used Evilution's method and finally did. Some interesting black bits came out with the old coolant and, I wonder if M/B flushed it out three years ago when it was last (first) done?

Changed the coolant today. Bit of a pain to get rid of an airlock in the system but used Evilution's method and finally did....

Why not bleed the easy and proper way way by letting air out at the bleed point?

Because I didn't have to!That and the fact that the arthritis in my hands was acting up...

Edited by lebikerboy

Changed the tranny fluid. Also while under there I cleaned out and relubed the clutch actuator. No more squeaky clutch. :D

Changed the oil and oil filter on Rana smartii, at 232,074 km. Last service was 7600 km ago, indicator + 2000 km.

Gave Bessy a bath yesterday...needed to make sure it would rain lastnight, and boy did it ever rain! Now I get to do the quick instant detail tonight :)

Washed her inside and out!

Followed up with a full wax job on panels and tridium.

Finally, cleaned soft top with Soft-top Hood Cleaner and then followed up with 303 Fabric Guard....

...she sure looks purdy.... :)

My Smartie recently got a paint job :) I love it even more! Paint was completed Monday, followed by putting my puzzle back together and cleaning!

Here is a link to the Facebook page where my pictures are, I work at the shop it was painted at:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3...4739&type=1

If you can't view them let me know and I'll attach, but there are a few of them.. Enjoy!

Love the colour! And remind me to make you a Regular Member tonight so you can post photos directly here!

Looks good, Think I need to get mine painted sometime soon, to make it look new again

Love the colour! And remind me to make you a Regular Member tonight so you can post photos directly here!

Thank you! Much appreciated!

Was checking things over today and noticed the brake rotors were less than 7mm thick!As a result I decided to install the new EBC Redstuff pads and USR slotted rotors I bought last year. I tried using a 14mm socket instead of the recommended Torx E18.No go so, I went on a quest to find the aforementioned socket. Four stores later and Ifound a universal socket which worked great! Installation was fairly simple and theresults are amazing. The performance sure beats the heck out of the OEM rotors and EBC black pads we were using. Should be good for quite awhile now...

Put a day permit on the canada1 and drove it to meet the other three canada1 that exist.Also, this was after putting on the crossblade wheels.

I worked 8 hours today but at lunch I went out in the sun, sat in the car, lowered the top and windows and snoozed off and on for an hour in the breeze. Sweet.