Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
si cdi

Cdi Standard Boost Pressure

16 posts in this topic

cdi passion 2000 mappedHi, does anyone no what the standard boost pressure is? also what can the boost be raised to before fuel cut and what are the injectors rated at psi? hi or low impedance?sorry for all the questions

:o

cdi passion 2000 mappedHi, does anyone no what the standard boost pressure is? also what can the boost be raised to before fuel cut and what are the injectors rated at psi? hi or low impedance?sorry for all the questions

Maximum boost is 1.15 bar; anything more will make the engine limp.

Maximum boost is 1.15 bar; anything more will make the engine limp.

cheers mate 16.5 psi? is this stock

Yes, sorry, I should have said that 1.15 bar is the stock boost setting. In some conditions you can see up to 1.2+ bar even in a stock car but trying to pull that or more regularly will trigger "safe" or limp mode.

Yep... confirm. Max boost before the ECU cuts you into over-boost "limp-home mode" is 1.2x - 17psi or so. This is even in a remapped CDi.

What you up to, mate?

I don't know about the injectors, sorry :dunno: Over-fuelling will yield more power, but I doubt a bigger turbo will be worth the effort. I think just having a shop "blueprint" the OEM turbo might be worth it, though.

Bil :sun:

Yes, sorry, I should have said that 1.15 bar is the stock boost setting. In some conditions you can see up to 1.2+ bar even in a stock car but trying to pull that or more regularly will trigger "safe" or limp mode.

thanks for that, have you used the kwp 2000+ remaping software before? for the cdi

I have the kwp and serial connector but haven't dared try it. I am very happy with the profile from Flying Tiger Dev in Richmond, B.C.Is the kwp what you are using? There are lots of profiles on the disks; how did you choose the right one for you?B :sun:

Yep... confirm. Max boost before the ECU cuts you into over-boost "limp-home mode" is 1.2x - 17psi or so. This is even in a remapped CDi.

What you up to, mate?

I don't know about the injectors, sorry :dunno: Over-fuelling will yield more power, but I doubt a bigger turbo will be worth the effort. I think just having a shop "blueprint" the OEM turbo might be worth it, though.

Bil :sun:

Hi mate, im just experimenting as you do LOL,

i had the oil pump tensioner fault leading to no oil pump - oil pump chain blah blah you will no the one, anyway repaired that, and intercooler leek great!

i have changed the ecu on my supra mk4 to AEM, and i now have a spare digital apexi profecb boost controler with solonoid so you can gues whats coming in the morning,

(sorry about spelling vieno is flowing :D )

just wanting a little more power going on to a main road as our slip road 30mph to 70mph is not good for little smarty especialy when everyones doing 80+ mph

cheers

cheers

I have the kwp and serial connector but haven't dared try it. I am very happy with the profile from Flying Tiger Dev in Richmond, B.C.Is the kwp what you are using? There are lots of profiles on the disks; how did you choose the right one for you?B :sun:

i used the bosch EDG15C-5 map and yes i had it for about 6 months before i dared to try it LOL new batterie in laptop and mains supply, if u lose the power while downloading the existing map you are sc---ed, i think that must of been the longest 3min of my life while it was saving the stock map. i now have three copies of std map and have uploaded std map back on to car just to make sure i could, does run much better with remap bit smoky blk but hey i will update in morning what happens with boost controller i no everyone who reads this will say its been done before no point over the standard 17 psi but we can try cant we?

I've been considering trying KWP-2000 for a while but have not dared. Information available on the net does not list the 0.8 CDI engine but lists this one: MCC Smart CDI 0.9 CDI EDG15C5.Is that a typing error or does a 0.9 CDI engine really exist? Can you flash over the OBD port or does ECU have to be done on a bench?

Edited by tolsen

I've been considering trying KWP-2000 for a while but have not dared. Information available on the net does not list the 0.8 CDI engine but lists this one: MCC Smart CDI 0.9 CDI EDG15C5.Is that a typing error or does a 0.9 CDI engine really exist? Can you flash over the OBD port or does ECU have to be done on a bench?

obd port and the smart bosch EDG15C-5 is the one that came up on mine, when cursor is over it it does as you say 0.9cdi so not shure but it works with me?have a look at this

Thanks for your reply and link si cdi. Think I'll go ahead and order one of those ecu flasher kits. Can buy them here for GBP 22.50 plus p&p from UK based internet shops.

Thanks for your reply and link si cdi. Think I'll go ahead and order one of those ecu flasher kits. Can buy them here for GBP 22.50 plus p&p from UK based internet shops.

no problem i paid £12.50 +3pp cheers (EBAY THE ROUTE OF ALL EVIL) Edited by si cdi

I have just tried one of the KWP2000 remap files on my Smart. Used a file named "Smart CDI - centralina 0281010161 - sfw 1037351696". The engine seemed to pull more on low revs but did not have much power on high revs. Connected my WinStar Magus and found injection pressure levelled out at 750 bar. There was also a fault relating to inlet manifold pressure.Put the original map back and now a happy bunny.

Is the kwp what you are using? There are lots of profiles on the disks; how did you choose the right one for you?B :sun:

I've received my kwp clone from Hong Kong & the disk was fubar so I emailed the vendor & he sent me some uncorrupted software.My question is, it sounds like your cd came with profiles already loaded whereas my software replacement did not....it just shows a "blank form" with no profiles on it if you follow.....should I be pestering my vendor for a (good) disk or just read the existing map off my 450's chip & try to write another (hopefully better) one to it?