Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dennisc72

Adjusting Windshield Washer Nozzles

10 posts in this topic

How would I adjust the windshield washer nozzles so they spray to the correct areas? They look as if they can be moved around with fingertips but I haven't had much success. The one in the middle sprays correctly but one of the others misses the windshield completely and the other sprays at the bottom.

Use a push-pin (thumb tack). Takes a lot of trial-and-error, and you may get wet. :)

So they can be just rotated around then? Isn't there a danger of enlarging the hole and ruining them if I use a push pin though?

Nope, the ball will be harder than the steel of a cheap pin.

Here's a picture I took showing how to do it:

Posted Image

-Iain

Takes a bit of fiddling to get it just right but when it is it is very nice. I have to take the welding tip cleaner to mine - couple of the nozzles are not spraying well - but in 3 years that is not so bad.Cheers,Cameronp.s. it is also great for keeping agressive bike riders from crowding the car LOL

Takes a bit of fiddling to get it just right but when it is it is very nice. I have to take the welding tip cleaner to mine - couple of the nozzles are not spraying well - but in 3 years that is not so bad.

Cheers,

Cameron

p.s. it is also great for keeping agressive bike riders from crowding the car LOL

Just a sidenote, as I just finished adjusting all 6 of my nozzles (added three to the wiper arm). If you adjust the middle one from the regular sprayers up a bit, it works great for getting rid of tailgaters........ ;)

Not that I would do such a thing........

I actually bought a real wiper nozzel squirter adjuster tool from princess auto for all of 2 bucks i think. it works great!!But the thumb tack seems too work well too.

I actually bought a real wiper nozzel squirter adjuster tool from princess auto for all of 2 bucks i think. it works great!!But the thumb tack seems too work well too.

Hi, I found the most satisfactory adjustment tool is a dull long needle as it lets you see the nozzle angle better. The best angles if 0º is vertical is left nozzle 32º left, middle nozzle 32º right and right nozzle 42º right. This seems to work best as the centre one does not hit the wiper arm as much. Try it.

Hi, I found the most satisfactory adjustment tool is a dull long needle as it lets you see the nozzle angle better. The best angles if 0º is vertical is left nozzle 32º left, middle nozzle 32º right and right nozzle 42º right. This seems to work best as the centre one does not hit the wiper arm as much. Try it.

My wipers park vertically so i don't have as big an issue of the stream hitting the wiper blades.