Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
diesel4me

Wanting To Get Smart In Oh

5 posts in this topic

Hi- Many thanks to the creators of this website! It's great to have a forum to discuss these great little cars! I've been a fan of Smart Cars for quite awhile now but haven't purchased one yet since I've had my heart set on a diesel like they have in Canada. After reading some earlier posts about importing a diesel into the USA, I've seen a few listed for sale in the Ontario area which is closest to where I live. It seems that OH requires a certification form be completed by the DOT, so I'm looking for the closest state to OH where I can have it titled without that hassle. If anyone has had success doing this in a state closer to OH than TX please let me know. I'd really like to be enjoying 60 to 70 mpg motoring! Thanks & God bless.

Welcome and good luck with the importation. I may be buying my second smart diesel, in Ontario, in a few days ;)

If you are interested in getting one from vancouver we can ship it to ontario. You can read by post in the dealer show room section if you want to see what we have.Jeffrey Nelson

Here is one that was available last month.. I have no idea if it got sold or not, but here's the link to check it out if you wish. The car would be located in downtown St. Thomas, Ontario. It's identical to mine except for the xmas tree hanging off the back of mine. ;)

If you are interested in it at all, let me know.. it is a local phone call for me and I can get back to you on it's availability. (too late at night right now to be calling anyone about a car for sale)

http://london.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-ca...QAdIdZ170638425

You are what you drive

Leadwing

'05 smart pulse, '95 Jeep winter-beater, '89 Civic and a gaggle of motorcycles