Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MikeT

Snowball thread

217 posts in this topic

I will keep that in mind! But I have to be home a little before the 20th to prepare for my son's 19th BD on the 22nd, so that makes it a bit tight.You're lucky to have a stat in Feb. BC has none between new years day and Easter. And it rains all the time here on the coast too!

We're happy to have them come to a good home. We took them at the price MB offered with some transport considerations included.

Ouch. Putting the mileage and through the middle of winter got to take some beating. Documentation and preservation will see a dear dollar 50-100 years from now at Barrett-Jackson.Congrats on a wise move of the purchase.Only if we can get a Brabus Roadster or Ultimate 112 to top this rare vehicle in NA.

I will keep that in mind! But I have to be home a little before the 20th to prepare for my son's 19th BD on the 22nd, so that makes it a bit tight.You're lucky to have a stat in Feb. BC has none between new years day and Easter. And it rains all the time here on the coast too!

...................Dinner on the 15th leaves 4 days to do 4400 kms. Easy 11 hour days. Do 1500 km per day and get home early <G>Bobb

Hey thanks again everyone. Keith bought the red one in case his semi-cryptic comments weren't obvious enough!

Gah, what is that, like his eighth? ;) Can I have one?-Iain

Uh, fourth actually. Well, it has to get here and me pay for it and all that yet. But in theory.

Congrats, both of you! That's a heck of a find really. WTG

Thanks, we're both nut cases for the original smart I guess.

Do you have to drive the red ones last?Geez - is it becoming mandatory that Marmots have two smarts? Not a bad thing but I need to save up some $ first :lol: Congrats Mike and Keith!Cheers,Cameron

I think FastEddy has the right idea for a visit to Toronto ... wait for the good weather. It seems like you're challenging the weather gods in planning your trip for February. You'd better have winter tires installed. Whenever you get around to it, I'm sure that there will be a good contingent of smarties to greet you. The GTA hasn't had a meet in quite a while.

Edited by smart65

Mike and I joked about how his letter of authenticity from MB would come in handy when the car has 315,000 kms on it, is running on two cylinders, and a few panels have cracks.Mine is probably not going to be a high mileage accumulator, well, actually, I guess that's the point!

Yeah part of my deal on the car was to get a set of new steelies with TS800s and black triangle caps included in the price as well as the shipping of the black BRABUS alloys back to Vancouver. So: winter tires in 155/175, mudflaps I will install (temporarily I think) on the front, thick temporary stone guard clear vinyl over the leading surfaces....it should be OK, especially because we'd be avoiding the Northern Ontario highways, two lane hell.We want to see the QC winter carnival so we'll probably fly there and take a train back to TO, get the car, spend a couple of days and then drive home on I-90. Kinda commited to the early Feb timing! Maybe there will be a warm spell!

So: winter tires in 155/175, mudflaps I will install (temporarily I think) on the front, thick temporary stone guard clear vinyl over the leading surfaces....

Congrats Mike!Fantastic purchase. Speaking from experience, you'll want to cover the edge of the Brabus side skirts at the rear (just in front of the rear tire). They seem to take a beating on the highway if there's gravel.Cheers! Dang

I figured that would be the case and I was planning to cover them underneath and up the sides too! Good reminder!

Mike and I joked about how his letter of authenticity from MB would come in handy when the car has 315,000 kms on it, is running on two cylinders, and a few panels have cracks.

I don't follow... what's a letter of authenticity?-Iain

Proof that the car was converted to BRABUS spec by the manufacturer and not a copy done by an owner.

Congrats on the investments, guys! Precious metals should do well long term.I expect that those orange slices on the front panel will be replaced within minutes of ownership. They definitely jump out at you with those color schemes.

Maybe....I sold my clear LED replacements, so perhaps I will get 2 more.As for the rear fender blisters and side markers, they will stay on my car, for authenticity as they say ;) One EuroBum ™ is enough for me.I ordered the stone guard material from Calgary today and should have it by Monday! Getting ready...

I will be tossing the orange slices for sure!!My car should be coming to Vancouver by rail, not sure of the logistics just yet, but Jesse is working things out... I'm buying the car FOB Richmond MB.It was five years ago today that I took delivery of my first smart, a 2005 pulse coupe, which was the one I took across Canada on the 100 MPG Challenge. I'll be sure to post a separate thread here once I have more details. Smart has been very good to me - this will be my 4th (documented story elsewhere if you are interested). Have owned two at a time briefly each time a new one was acquired, although this time around, it may be a bit longer, as the 451 coupe is Cynthia's, and she doesn't drive stick yet, so I can't just pass the Volvo S40 to her. It may very well be that the cdi becomes a promotional item, driven in the nice weather season only. Not sure about having grandchildren to pass it onto for a Barrett-Jackson windfall, but it won't get trashed! And with all the experience we have with the cars now, there are a few mods that can be done to extend the life of original parts like the intercooler. Kinda wish Glenn could get his hands on the car temporarily to do these bits. I think he owes me a peach pie still! :lol: Anyway, back to Mike's car... I'll be sending him a Scangauge on the weekend so he's all set for his trip across the US. Can hardly wait to see his in person... all white!! He could easily make a 'Storm Trooper' out of it... (for those familiar with that car), but I know he'll keep it the way it is, save for OEM cruise control, some 195 tires for the rear, and a windscreen. What the heck else could it use?We've half joked about doing a panel or partial panel swap, so we'll have to see how that goes.

Maybe a panel swap for Canada day only?

I hope not to drive mine too much either but I have no doubt that it will see at least 12-15 K a year. I want to get value out of the extended warranty ;) . That number of km would be low compared to the 50K+ that's going on the green smart "Rana smartii" these days.

Keith, your new car should be named Mario or Enzo. Mario because he's Italian, small and has a red cap, or Enzo because of the Ferrari red paint.

Mine, I'm not sure.....

Or we could get the other red one in Vancouver (the coupé Eddy knows of) to show up and those two cars could bookend my car, and I'd have a large maple leaf on my car's door.....

too bad it is a cabrio - I could loan you a set of red panels otherwise - even have white door panel you could rattle can a maple leaf on :lol: Cheers,Cameron

That was my observation as well... too bad I guess... but the rest of the parts are pretty neat and complete.But, what about the suspension?