Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MikeT

BRABUS Canada 1 smart 450 cdi Registry

35 posts in this topic

Here are some photos courtesy of smart Club France, taken in Bottrop Germany in late 2006, of the fourth BRABUS Canada 1 being converted. Well the shell is not visible but the red painted bits and some others are. These are definitely from that car, because it is the only Canada 1 coupé and of course the Canadian panel changes are visible in the photo, as are the removed (for painting) glass pane from the roof and windshield. The rear light shrouds with round light holes (as opposed to the oval ones the European models had) plus the rear side marker pods are also there if you look for them....

16719339811_0f79999f8c_o.jpgCanada 1 parts BRABUS 2 by p404c, on Flickr

16533190090_5397677535_o.jpgCanada 1 parts BRABUS 3 by p404c, on Flickr

16513345847_cce22c5bd0_o.jpgCanada 1 parts BRABUS by p404c, on Flickr

Update on car # 1.....

I've moved from London th St.Thomas, Ontario (only about 25km).

Car now has around 24,000km on the clock, and was pressed into yeoman service during my move.

Everything works fine on the car and the air blows very cold.  It did get a little dirty over 2 weeks during my move.

It wascleaned up for the parade, and is currently nestled comfortably under it's cover with a battery tender I/V.

My one car garage is 3 feet longer than two Smart 450's, almost like it was made for me.

Also just purchased a very nice Grandstyle #61 from a local club member, to round out my Smart family at three.

What am I doing??  Is there a cure for Smartritis??  Is it dumb to have lots of Smarts??

Having the Grandstyle detailed next week, then using the '05 Passion for the winter.

IMG_1171.JPG

IMG_1154.JPG

I haven't driven as much as usual in the past year; my target for the Canada 1 is 15,000 km/year but she is showing two wrenches with a 26 meaning it's over 11 months since the last service reset and I've done a bit less than 8000 km.  However, the average over the more than 7 and a half years I have owned this car is just about 15,000 km, including the 5000 km trans-continental drive in 2010.

Got my car at around 9,000km in 2012, then put 10,500km on a trip out west for the car's family reunion.. remember??

Started it today (no problem after 3 weeks) and did a 50 km loop.  Started L'il Toot also after 5 weeks... no problem.

Contacted Old Autos magazine about a possible story..... Canada1 / Canada150 connection.  Waiting to hear back.

Their office is in Bothwell, about 50km from my home.

Is it still under 20K km?

Sitting just over 24,000km.

I got response from OldAutos magazine.....

"Thank you for your email. Your car is very unique. We thank you for taking time to submit it, but it doesn’t fit our profile of an old auto.

Sorry"

Ah well, try again when it's 25 years old ;)

In 25 years, I believe reality will be.....

The car will likely be somewhere safe

I likely won't be around

I'm confident OldAutos newspaper won't be around

Well it will be 25 years old in only 13 more years!