Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Talgas

Fiat 500 Coming To Canada

42 posts in this topic

I drove with friends across Poland in one of their Fiats in 1980,the car ran well, never left us stranded thankfully.

So what all do we have coming for small cars in the next couple years?I can think of:Fiat 500Suzuki (real) swiftToyota/Scion iQFord FiestaMazda 2Chevy SparkMini CoupeMini RoadsterHonda CR-ZVW Polo (probably)Toyota FT-86 (hopefully)Subaru version of FT-86 (also hopefully)Alfa Romeo MiTo (also also hopefully)EDIT: Mitsubishi i-MiEVWhat am I missing? I don't think the Audi A2 is scheduled to come here yet.

Edited by Eurometal

Why are you boycotting Toyota?-Iain

lol, because I'm a petty jerk. I spent 15 hours (including driving time) on their interview process and didn't get a job out of it. I aced the testing and production simulation, but fell on my face on a couple of the "touchy-feely" questions during the final interview. I figure if they would rather hire people that are better at selling themselves than actually doing the job, I would rather buy vehicles elsewhere. Coincidentally, a couple weeks later the hammer dropped with the recalls...

Not really; they hire people they can mould. They don't generally hire people who can say "I worked in an auto plant for X number of years"; they'd rather get a mom that is looking for a job after she's had 2 kids.Very common in industry.-Iain

Not really; they hire people they can mould. They don't generally hire people who can say "I worked in an auto plant for X number of years"; they'd rather get a mom that is looking for a job after she's had 2 kids.Very common in industry.-Iain

I don't mind them not hiring just based on manufacturing experience...there's not likely anything going on there that can't be trained to anybody who wants to learn. But you overlook a person with experience and who has a good work ethic and a good attitude and the ability to learn new tasks but can't answer the question "What have you done in the past to make a co-worker feel good about themselves?" then the hiring process is flawed.Not that I'm bitter or anything ;)

You should have played the game and said that you gave them all a smurf on Valentines Day and sing My Little Pony songs when working.

You should have played the game and said that you gave them all a smurf on Valentines Day and sing My Little Pony songs when working.

I suck at lying. That would have been awesome though.