Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smartzuuk

2010 Totem Rendezvous - Stanley Park, Vancouver

125 posts in this topic

Non-Canadians

When you enter Canada, a CBSA officer may ask to see your passport and a valid visa, if one is necessary. If you are a citizen of the United States, you do not need a passport to enter Canada. However, you should carry proof of your citizenship, such as a birth certificate, certificate of citizenship or naturalization, as well as photo identification. If you are a permanent resident of Canada or the U.S, you should bring your Permanent Resident Card with you.

SOURCE: http://cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/security-securite/admiss-eng.html

Starting June 1, 2009, U.S. citizens returning home from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean or Bermuda, by land or sea, are required to present one of the travel documents listed below.

U.S. Passport – This is an internationally recognized travel document that verifies a person’s identity and nationality. It is accepted for travel by air, land and sea.

U.S. Passport Card – This is a new, limited-use travel document that fits in your wallet and costs less than a U.S. Passport. It is only valid for travel by land and sea.

Enhanced Driver’s License (EDL) – Several states and Canadian provinces are issuing this driver’s license or identification document that denotes identity and citizenship. It is specifically designed for cross-border travel into the U.S. by land or sea.

Trusted Traveler Program Cards – NEXUS, SENTRI or FAST enrollment cards can speed your entry into the U.S. and are issued only to pre-approved, low-risk travelers. The cards are valid for use at land or sea; the NEXUS card can be used in airports with a NEXUS kiosk.

Special Groups – Information for Children, Groups of Children, Native Americans, "Closed Loop" Cruises, U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents, U.S. Military, Merchant Mariners, Ferries and Small Boats, and Boaters.

SOURCE: http://www.getyouhome.gov/html/lang_eng/index.html

It's rather difficult to remember the current crossing requirements after growing up in WA and traveling into BC without a second thought for so many years. I guess my Dad is not any sort of security risk, but that matters not in the current state of affairs.I'm still weighing my options, but bringing my Dad along to Stanley Park isn't in the mix.Timo

I think we need to plan a drive around the park, then to some place where we can have a meal together indoors, preferably with underground parking (OK that last bit is asking a lot unless we eat downtown and park under Pacific Centre!). The BBQ idea is falling away with the weather!

I think we need to plan a drive around the park, then to some place where we can have a meal together indoors, preferably with underground parking (OK that last bit is asking a lot unless we eat downtown and park under Pacific Centre!). The BBQ idea is falling away with the weather!

+1The Coq' is looking a little ugly. I will monitor it carefully as we approach the weekend...

post-95-1269926416_thumb.jpg

B :watchout:

Sorry folks, I'm going to have to pass-- for me it's the path of least resistance :angry: I'll be prepared for the next time...Cheers,Timo1. smartzuuk (2006 Canada1 Brabus cabrio cdi)2. Mike T and Bruce F (2006 Canada1 Brabus cabrio cdi)3. smartcynth (2008 pure coupe gas)4. smartzuuk spare driven by TBD (2005 pulse coupe cdi)5. bilgladstone (2005 Pulse cdi)6. Henry (06 pulse cabrio cdi)7. Monkii (08' pulse cabrio gas)8. Ted (05 pure cabrio cdi)9. FastEddy (2008 Brabus Xclusive cabrio gas by Flying Tiger)10. mimota (2008 cabrio)11. sidneyfortwo (2005 Pulse Cabrio)12. Catopounce (2006 Pulse Coupe)13. smartvancouver (2008 Passion)14. Guinness (2009 Brabus Cabrio)15. Peter E16. LittleFeather (2006 Pulse Coupe)17. BJ (06 pulse cabrio cdi) 18. 4DM (2009 Brabus Cabrio)19. ganisa (2008 passion cabrio)20. minImANia (2008 Passion Coupe) 21. 22.

Hi Folks,

I will be tentatively unavailable due to shedule change. Have fun if I don't see you.

1. smartzuuk (2006 Canada1 Brabus cabrio cdi)

2. Mike T and Bruce F (2006 Canada1 Brabus cabrio cdi)

3. smartcynth (2008 pure coupe gas)

4. smartzuuk spare driven by TBD (2005 pulse coupe cdi)

5. bilgladstone (2005 Pulse cdi)

6. Henry (06 pulse cabrio cdi)

7. Monkii (08' pulse cabrio gas)

8. Ted (05 pure cabrio cdi)

FastEddy (2008 Brabus Xclusive cabrio gas by Flying Tiger)

10. mimota (2008 cabrio)

11. sidneyfortwo (2005 Pulse Cabrio)

12. Catopounce (2006 Pulse Coupe)

13. smartvancouver (2008 Passion)

14. Guinness (2009 Brabus Cabrio)

15. Peter E

16. LittleFeather (2006 Pulse Coupe)

17. BJ (06 pulse cabrio cdi)

18. 4DM (2009 Brabus Cabrio)

19. ganisa (2008 passion cabrio)

20. minImANia (2008 Passion Coupe)

Good, I am coming over in my white car comm hell or high water......

Edited by Mike T

I'll probably show up for the meet-n-greet and Stanley park cruise, but no more.

So from here (Kelowna) I go #1Hwy all the way to Capilano Rd, Marine Dr and Lion's Gate Bridge to Stanley Park Drive toward Coal Harbour... yes?

Anyone want to meet at a car wash beforehand? I know I will have a dirty bum!

B :sun:

A shorter route would be down Hastings before Second Narrows, right onto to Pender sooner or later once in Downtown Eastside and thence to the end of Pender, shallow right onto Georgia and then into Stanley Park!With any luck my dirt magnet white car will be clean, but if it's not and there is no rain, I too wouldn't mind a little rinse action.

Edited by Mike T

Issues resolved today! YAY!! :clapping:

My status reverting to: "weather permitting"

Posted Image

Edited by bilgladstone

Hey all...

Since there's still not any plan in concrete this far, I have no idea how to schedule this "Saturday" meet around my work.

So I might as well join next time...

1. smartzuuk (2006 Canada1 Brabus cabrio cdi)

2. Mike T and Bruce F (2006 Canada1 Brabus cabrio cdi)

3. smartcynth (2008 pure coupe gas)

4. smartzuuk spare driven by TBD (2005 pulse coupe cdi)

5. bilgladstone (2005 Pulse cdi)

6. Henry (06 pulse cabrio cdi)

7. Monkii (08' pulse cabrio gas)

8. Ted (05 pure cabrio cdi)

9. FastEddy (2008 Brabus Xclusive cabrio gas by Flying Tiger)

10. mimota (2008 cabrio)

11. sidneyfortwo (2005 Pulse Cabrio)

12. Catopounce (2006 Pulse Coupe)

13. smartvancouver (2008 Passion)

14. Guinness (2009 Brabus Cabrio)

15. Peter E

16. LittleFeather (2006 Pulse Coupe)

17. BJ (06 pulse cabrio cdi)

18. 4DM (2009 Brabus Cabrio)

19. ganisa (2008 passion cabrio)

20. minImANia (2008 Passion Coupe)

Hi,About Saturday...are there details like a meeting time and place. I see from Mike that there is a drive in the plans. Any information would be welcome. I backtracked a little and haven't been online for a while. Thanks!

smartzuuk, over to you! And I want photos of the two Canada 1 cars side by side.....

You know, with the weather up in the air and all, I wasn't to keen on aiming for MORE cars this time around. We'll be able to improvise with 15-20 however. And if it's sunny, all the better. We could go to the north shore, maybe take marine Drive out to Lighthouse Park... we could go to Jericho Beach or vicinity....But we're on for meeting at the totems, and we'll go out from there as best possible.

Edited by smartzuuk

Time????Before it got changed to April 3rd there was a mention of meet after 10:00, depart at 11:00. Is that the plan?Saturday April 3rd, meet at Stanley Park in the huge parking lot by the totem poles... looking out at Coal Harbour just prior to Brockton Point. Meet at 10:00 or after, depart to points unknown at 11:001. smartzuuk (2006 Canada1 Brabus cabrio cdi)2. Mike T and Bruce F (2006 Canada1 Brabus cabrio cdi)3. smartcynth (2008 pure coupe gas)4. smartzuuk spare driven by TBD (2005 pulse coupe cdi)5. bilgladstone (2005 Pulse cdi)6. Henry (06 pulse cabrio cdi)7. Monkii (08' pulse cabrio gas)8. Ted (05 pure cabrio cdi)9. FastEddy (2008 Brabus Xclusive cabrio gas by Flying Tiger)10. mimota (2008 cabrio)11. sidneyfortwo (2005 Pulse Cabrio)12. Catopounce (2006 Pulse Coupe)13. smartvancouver (2008 Passion)14. Guinness (2009 Brabus Cabrio)15. Peter E16. LittleFeather (2006 Pulse Coupe)17. BJ (06 pulse cabrio cdi) 18. 4DM (2009 Brabus Cabrio)19. ganisa (2008 passion cabrio)20. minImANia (2008 Passion Coupe) 21. Alex (2006 pure) (at least for the meet'n'greet and Stanley Park cruise)

Edited by Alex