Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
saler13

Speedometer

5 posts in this topic

Any help out there.Customer bought a smart in Canada as he has residence in both Canada and the US he wanted the speedo in Miles per Hour.Ordered and installed a US Speedometer but it is still reading in KPH, in other words it shows 60 MPH when you are actually going 60 KPH and the Fuel Gauge will only get to showing 3/4 Full.Is there some kind of flash update via electronics to solve this issue?Any other suggestions? B)

I remember reading on the British site that some folks were having a similar problem as they still use MPH and the fix was via the dealerusing a star touch machine to fix it but can't find the thread...

The readings (temperature, MPH etc.) have to be set using the Star system - some folk's outside temperature gauge magically have switched to F. and they have had to get the dealer to update the onboard computer with the Star system.

Another option is to replace the face plate with an aftermarket one that has both KM/Hr and M- Metal Monkey makes 'em - for the 450 and 451 - go into the page to see the MPH/KM options - they can do custom stuff as well. In this case you would need a Km/hr face plate with a MPH extra bit at the bottom using the Canadian KM/Hr speedometer.

http://www.metal-monkey.co.uk/acatalog/Smart.html

Cheers,

Cameron

I remember reading on the British site that some folks were having a similar problem as they still use MPH and the fix was via the dealerusing a star touch machine to fix it but can't find the thread...

I know that is what we need, if you can remember it fantastic.