Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Drexus

450 Marker Lights

35 posts in this topic

If you have an annual vehicle inspection, take the clear LEDs out for that day -put the orange slices back in - and replace them right afterwards....The clear ones protruding about 5 mm from the fender surface is perfect if you convert your lights to flash with the turn signals, a plus for safety in heavy traffic.

I intend to perform the blink operation when I get the new lights. :D

"I was there yesterday and worried the lights would stick out too far."Have you seen Bil's???Look like an old girlfriend of mine...

Edited by lebikerboy

Sort of like the Marilyn Monroe Bumpers on the '55 Cadillac LOL

These guys will ship to Canada and Via the post to avoid UPS - they seemed reasonable to deal with.

PartSystems

Cheers,

Cameron

Sort of like the Marilyn Monroe Bumpers on the '55 Cadillac LOLThese guys will ship to Canada and Via the post to avoid UPS - they seemed reasonable to deal with.PartSystemsCheers,Cameron

Ya, I have that one... no go with the reflective part.

Forgot to mention - the picture shows a solid red - they also come in a clear amber or a solid amber - use the select list to see.Cheers,Cameron

I picked up mine at GREGGS DIST here in Edmonton. Simple replacement. I also added a diode and resistor so the light is dim for marker and bright for turn signal. These lights are yellow, reflective and fit flush to the side.Robert

Is it just the factory units that let water in? The Trucklite and Grote models are sealed beams, people use these on boat trailers and back the boat into the lake with them.

On ‎2010‎-‎02‎-‎23 at 11:13 PM, smart142 said:

I don't like lihInstead of using slip pliers, use black electrical tape. Cut a foot length and then wrap around the edge of the light a couple of times. Grab the tape anf turn CCW and they will pull out. Disconnect the plug from the back. This method has worked about the last 40 times for me. Never had an issue with the led's that I have installed. I probably have a set if you're interested.Good luck!

Beauty save....! My most recent smart had one orange slice missing - already cracked off leaving just the base and bulb, so I quickly drilled a couple small holes in the white backing part and used pliers to rotate it and then yank it out. Used tape to twist in an orange slice from my first car. I should do the other side as well seeing as it is cracked already and it's just a matter of time.... ... actually - that light is already toast I just discovered, and the tape trick worked great to get the full lens out....!

I will buy the white/clear covers with orange LED next time I am near the store that would have 'em

I don't like it when I have any lights n the exterior not working... the cops should too, but they've practically given up. The plethora of people running around with green LEDS, or blue and red LEDS on the front somewhere is just mind boggling. It's like a free for all on the roads around here....