Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PrairieBoy

My E-mail Inquiry To Benz Regarding The Electric Drive Smart

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

A few days ago i sent an e-mail to Mercedes-Benz inqiuring about the electric drive smart in Canada.Among other things, i also said;"I'm interested in being one of the first drivers/owners" "I understand there may be a few coming here this year",(ETC).This was their official reply: Quote: "Dear Mr--------"Thankyou for your recent inquiry." "Please note the smart for two electric drive will be available in Canada sometime during the fouth quarter of 2010 as part of a very limited worldwide production." "These particular cars will be marketed and retailed differently than the smart for twos that are currently available in smart centres across the country.""Subsequently we have no further information at this time." "We expect to have more details sometime in the third quarter of 2010." "Best regards:"E.SomervilleCSI Co-ordinatorMercedes-Benz Canada Inc.Smart Canada DivisionI quess if anyone of you want to express an interest in the new 'electric drive smart', you should send him an e-mail too.It might be a good idea to let them know just how much interest their is!

Edited by PrairieBoy

Aw shoot. You'd think though that at least if you sent a letter they'd put you on some kind of list...

Best of luck!

-Iain

Aw shoot. You'd think though that at least if you sent a letter they'd put you on some kind of list...

Best of luck!

-Iain

So whats his email address.

I don't have his direct e-mail address. I just submitted my inquiry to :www.thsmart.caAt the smart.ca ,under the heading... 'About Smart',scroll down to...'Contact Us'.Click on the link,then submit your question(s)/comments to 'Customer Service'.

///

"These particular cars will be marketed and retailed differently than the smart for twos that are currently available in smart centres across the country."

///

Marketed differently as in something smart hasn't done (at least not in the US).

Retailed differently as in haggle with the dealer.

<_<

Well actually, I believe the CSR was referring to the leasing model for the first 45 examples coming to Canada, and possibly for the battery leasing model that may accompany the full production models.

A few days ago i sent an e-mail to Mercedes-Benz inqiuring about the electric drive smart in Canada.

Someone found a link to a video which shows one of the smart electric drive cars being driven. It looks like a dealership in Oregon.Not much additional info, but they appear to have one.