Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SmartDaak

How To Wash The Cabriolet Top , Taking Care Of ?

7 posts in this topic

Hi guys ... I took delevery of my new 2009 Cabriolet and i was wondering how or what to use to take care/wash/conditon my Softtop ... my first ever Soft top beside the Jeep sahara(Hard Roof) i had but got Stolen before i had the time to get to summer and put the Softtop on .... ty

Use the brush that comes in the smart soft top accessory kit to clean it, don't get wax on it, even from "wax" carwashes, use impregnating spray every year after a thorough cleaning and drying.

I would not even think of going through an automatic car wash even the brushless ones will beat up the fabric from water pressure. We have used the hand held wash places though like Mike T said do not use their wax at all. watch the pressure on the top stand back a little. do not scrub with a stiff brush but use a soft one or sponge if needed.We use the stuff we got from MB to clean the top at least once a year and spray the water proofing/protector stuff on it that came in the kit. it seems to be holding up well. Ours is exposed 24/7 At least you got the glass window so you don't need to worry about that.Karen

1 person likes this

Whatever you do, DON'T use a normal, white, "sheepskin" wash mitt. The friction will make it shed millions of wispy fibers all over the black fabric. Use a big synthetic foam sponge, or even better, the back of an Armorall microfibre wash mitt (~$7 at Home Depot, Rona, Reno or Costco).