Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fairsider

Bubble Has Gone To A Good Home!

2 posts in this topic

Hi all,As we now have a weekend place and needed a good hauler to carry our stuff back and forth, we have sold our Smart to some friends. Their 2005 Pulse has over 140,000 kms on it, and they were looking for a good second Smartie. Ours, which had not quite turned 20,000 kms was a good fit - and now Bubble is off to her new home. I can tell you we really had second thoughts - and have never ever identified more with our car than we did with this one.We've ordered and will shortly take delivery of a 2010 Golf TDI Wagon. We chose the Highline model with all the options, except we went for the 6-speed transmission. Although the DSG is a slick gearbox, we like the tactile sensation of shifting our own gears. The new car should arrive next week. The mileage, despite the size and weight of the new car is supposed to be pretty close to what the Smart could achieve - although I've been warned that we won't see those numbers until the engine is broken in. The car is in hot demand here - so we had to pony up with virtually full MSRP here in Toronto :-(We've really enjoyed Club smart car - and plan to stay tuned even though we're not Smarting any more...Thanks to all of you for your kind assistance and advice over the past two-odd years. This is a great club for a great car!BestLyle :)

Nice choice, and you aren't the only long-term member to send a smart to a good home and get a VW this year. I bought CanadianTurbo's 2005 coupe.