Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PrairieBoy

The Awesome New 2011 Awd Suzuki Kizashi

86 posts in this topic

post-6832-1269908115_thumb.jpgI went to our local Suzuki Dealer here today in Saskatoon,to see (up close) the new 2011 Suzuki Kizashi.Man is it ever nice!!!There are only supposedly five in Canada right now,and we have one here.They said they aren't going to have any more untill May.They have only had this car for two days,and already have had 20 test drives!! The awesome leather interior is really nice. The heated leather seats are wonderfull! Even the door panels are soft touch leather.This car comes loaded with everthing.You can drive it in Front-Wheel drive,or push a button for all wheel drive. The CVT automatic transmission can be shifted manually,and has 6 pre-programed 'shift-points', which can be shifted via steering- wheel shift-paddles. This car has an in-line four cylinder engine,producing 180 HP.A Rockford Fosgate sterio system sounds great.8 standard air-bags,ESP,sunroof,push button keyless ignition,parking sensors,projection beam headlights,20 inch rims, and SO much more! I can't begin to list everything this car has. And only $29,000.00!!!God i want one. If only i hadn't bough my new SUV last year!Check it out people! And let's hear YOUR feedback.

post-6832-1269908260_thumb.jpg

post-6832-1269908312_thumb.jpg

post-6832-1269908356_thumb.jpg

post-6832-1269908684_thumb.jpg

Edited by PrairieBoy

Push button 4WD = cheap, lightweight system. I will have a boo at the auto show this weekend but that is a lot of dosh for a Suzuki.....

Why would a 4WD system that can be turned on/off make it cheap and lightweight?My dad's giant Duramax Diesel has a transfer box with 3 modes of operation, all operated by pushbutton... and it's certainly not lightweight. :)-Iain

Hmm, you are asking for feedback - so here goes!I'm a bit of a motoring enthusiast, in that I am enthusiastic about cars - for example, my favorite television is Top Gear - I even re-watch episodes.I have champagne tastes on a more beer like budget! Yes I'd like an Alpha Romeo Spider or something like that but .... life and the bank balance had other plans :)Anyway - I demand my vehicle has "soul" - the Smart Car has this. My Piaggio MP3 has.The suzuki looks like a nice car, well equipped, nicely styled - but truth be told I would be bored with it after a year. After 5 years it would be boring to others too. I'm sure it would make many other people very happy. It just seems to have many competitors.At $29 000 I'd be tempted to save a bit longer and get a VW Golf GTI. I'm fairly certain I'd be happy with a Golf GTI for many many years :)

Carmakers put part time 4WD systems passenger cars and light SUVs to save cost. The part time drive elements in these systems are built very light to save not only cost, but also to save weight and optimise fuel efficiency in government tests. As 4WD systems, they are the equivalent of all season tires, not particularly good at full low traction situations and heavier than the 2WD version....But for $29K you can't expect miracles.....or maybe you should...after all it is a Suzuki, eh Keith ;)

Edited by Mike T

29k??? WTF?Okay, here's the deal, Subaru makes a better car for less $$. As much as I am 'smartzuuk'.They won't sell many at that price, clearly they got that part wrong. But, they do MAKE money on the cars they DO sell. Which is likely more important!!

29k??? WTF?Okay, here's the deal, Subaru makes a better car for less $$. As much as I am 'smartzuuk'.They won't sell many at that price, clearly they got that part wrong. But, they do MAKE money on the cars they DO sell. Which is likely more important!!

Not really, even an Impreza 2.5 limited starts at around $27xxx and you're not getting 20" wheels with that. Legacy (which this car seems closer to) would be well over $30k similarly specced. I don't think it's a bad price at all. That being said, I prefer hatchbacks, so I'd take the SX4...EDIT: I think the Kizashi comes with 18's, but still the subies in comperable trim come with 17's Edited by Eurometal

I don't think rim size makes a difference in the midsized sedan segment; it's up against the gorgeous Mazda 6, the well-made Jetta, the comfortable Altima, the impressive Malibu, the incredible new Sonata, the all-around wonderful Fusion, the über-capable Legacy, the stalwart Accord, and the boring but unbeatable Camry. It had better bring more to the table than 18" rims.

Edited by SameGuy

Hum is the wheel size like what the women says about Bigger C........ a man thing ? lol ... im kidding ok Shoot me im french canadian ... i have a bad sense of humor ... and i do know about the Wheel/tire size thing / issue with all .... lol

So my part time 4X4 System in my Jeep is light weight or not well engineered? Don't think so - but it sure saves me fuel and parts wear when I don't need the traction.....Most cars do not need a 4X4 system - it is overhead for something that is maybe needed <1% of the time and is a marketing gimmick - "Ooo Ooo - the fancy rally car has 4X4 so I need it in my mini van!" - meanwhile some marketing guy is laughing his butt off - sort of like marketing thing that SUV's are safer. 20" rims same deal - Pimp my ride? Must go over bumps with the net effect of shaking every filling loose - not to mention no resistance to road hazards - but you know - gotta have those skinny side wall tires just in case a road race course comes up and you have to corner at well over the speed limit of any road in North America.4WD in cars = More parts in the drive train to go wrong, more weight and even the expensive systems don't necessarily work that well (and may give the car drivers a false sense of confidence followed by a quick trip into the ditch). Be better if the manf. sent the purchaser on a couple hour course on how to drive in slippery conditions (like slow the he!! down). Subies have a good reputation for reliability - unfortunately in Canada they seem to attract the same crowd as the Volvo's did - usually found in the fast lane at 10km under the speed limit munching on granola :lol::lol: Cheers,Cameron

Marvellous. Another silver, three-box, four-door sedan that does everything brilliantly. Suzuki jumps the shark.

And everybody seems to forget a basic rule: Full-time AWD is actually ONE-wheel-drive, while part-time 4WD is really TWO-wheel-drive. There are exceptions, of course, among performance models and after-market tuned vehicles. But how many basic, stock AWD and 4WD vehicles can you find at dealerships that come with locking diffs front, centre and rear? It is indeed mostly marketing at the lower end of the scale.

I don't think rim size makes a difference in the midsized sedan segment; it's up against the gorgeous Mazda 6, the well-made Jetta, the comfortable Altima, the impressive Malibu, the incredible new Sonata, the all-around wonderful Fusion, the über-capable Legacy, the stalwart Accord, and the boring but unbeatable Camry. It had better bring more to the table than 18" rims.

Most of those vehicles a FWD only, so yes, it is bringing something else to to table. It also has more horsepower and better fuel economy than the comparable Subies. Wheel size may not be everybody's priority, or the standard 9 speaker sound system, or the 10-way power adjustable seats, but you add it all together and you'd be hard pressed to outfit another vehicle in that segment for equal or less money.

So my part time 4X4 System in my Jeep is light weight or not well engineered? Don't think so - but it sure saves me fuel and parts wear when I don't need the traction.....Most cars do not need a 4X4 system - it is overhead for something that is maybe needed <1% of the time and is a marketing gimmick - "Ooo Ooo - the fancy rally car has 4X4 so I need it in my mini van!" - meanwhile some marketing guy is laughing his butt off - sort of like marketing thing that SUV's are safer. 20" rims same deal - Pimp my ride? Must go over bumps with the net effect of shaking every filling loose - not to mention no resistance to road hazards - but you know - gotta have those skinny side wall tires just in case a road race course comes up and you have to corner at well over the speed limit of any road in North America.4WD in cars = More parts in the drive train to go wrong, more weight and even the expensive systems don't necessarily work that well (and may give the car drivers a false sense of confidence followed by a quick trip into the ditch). Be better if the manf. sent the purchaser on a couple hour course on how to drive in slippery conditions (like slow the he!! down). Subies have a good reputation for reliability - unfortunately in Canada they seem to attract the same crowd as the Volvo's did - usually found in the fast lane at 10km under the speed limit munching on granola :lol::lol: Cheers,Cameron

...........................I agree with everything you say except if you live in a place with icy roads and deep snow 5 months of the year. Then 4 wheel drive is a good thingBobb

Well my comments abouve about "lightweight" part time 4WD systems were strictly confined to passenger cars and "light SUVs" i.e. Honda Whatsitcalled and Toyota RAV4. Jeep and HD pickups are different...they're just simple and crude, yet very robust systems.I would not buy a 4WD car without Torsen diff in back and viscous coupling in the centre and full time actuation with a relatively even default torque split. So 3WD using the SameGuy method ;)

For under $29,000 I can get a LegacyMaybe without the bling rims

...and without the leather, and without the upgraded stereo. To make a fair comparison of features you have to step up to a 2.5i Limited, and that starts at $32k.

Ok i hear you guys my joke was not funny not even the part about and my sense of humor ... ok got the message :P lol

Edited by SmartDaak

Sorry!! The Kizashi has 18'' rims.My mistake.Have a look at the Suzuki Kizashi yourself. Go to www.suzuki.ca then click on 'AUTOMOTIVE'.You can see all the Kizashi's LONG list of standard features. It has to be one of the best equiped AWD cars for the price. And it's not JUST all about the price,either.Suzuki says this car has had more than two years of development on racetracks,etc.Like the famous Nurburgring in Germany,for one.It's supposed to be a great driver's car also. I just don't know why they don't have a standard transmision option in Canada right now. I believe you can get a standard transmision in the States,and in Europe.

Edited by PrairieBoy

...........................I agree with everything you say except if you live in a place with icy roads and deep snow 5 months of the year. Then 4 wheel drive is a good thingBobb

Except that AWD ≠ 4WD.

I just don't know why they don't have a standard transmision option in Canada right now. I believe you can get a standard transmision in the States,and in Europe.

They actually have a choice of trim levels in the US as well. I guess they figure Canada is too small of a market to try offer a bunch of options, so they decided to just market themselves as a poor-man's luxery sedan.