Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest garyboyz

[help] Rim And Wheels

4 posts in this topic

Hi All,I just want to know that about the tires size. Recently i'm using the size as below,145/55 R15175/55 R15and using tires brand continental. Is that still have any brand recommendation? By the way, can I change to 195/55 R15? Is that will hit our fender?Please advice.Thanks, :)

The first number is the width, the second ( /XX ) is the aspect ratio. The height as a percentage of the width. Thus your front 145/55 is smaller diameter than the rear 175/55 and the ESP and ABS is all confused. I suspect a closer look would reveal them to be the correct 145/65 and 175/55. The 195 you want is a 195/50. All as a 15" rim size. An exhaustive list, including 16 and 17 inch rims is at evilution http://www.evilution.co.uk/513

Correct tire sizes are vitally important for the ESP and ABS to function properly.

I think the 195 is fine for the fenders, any wider needs modification. Not quite sure, though. The rim width, however, may be another story and is also critical for safety. Get it right!

195/50/15 will be fine but are too wide for your OEM rims.Bil :senile:

1 person likes this

On 4/22/2010 at 8:11 PM, bilgladstone said:

195/50/15 will be fine but are too wide for your OEM rims.Bil :senile:

I have used Kumho 195/Fiftyfive-15 all four corners paired with stock REAR rims for last couple years. Have encountered NO problems with fender clearance or driving such as ESP or ABS.