Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John & Angela

Bumper Maintenance.

12 posts in this topic

I am looking for suggestions for products that i can use for keeping/returning the bumpers to a nice dark black. Suggestions?? Something off the shelf from Canadian tire, Lordco etc. Thanks

i use mother back to black and its great.on sale at Canadian Tire awhile back.

You have black bumpers?

Armor-All is nasty stuff to use on exterior black trim. Actually, it's harsh on interior plastics, too. A better choice is Meguiars #39 Heavy Duty Vinyl Cleaner and #40 Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner, or 303 Aerospace Protectant (though it's not a particularly effective cleaner).

Tried th back to black and it looks great. Now we'll see how it golds up. Seems less sticky than armorall. Both of our little smarts need a good wax job yet but they are both looking quite smart after sitting all winter. Both started with no problem after the battery was connected. Angelas Grandstyle is due for its maintenance this month. We are sure enjoying burnin around in them again. ;)

Posted (edited) · Report post

I know some of you don't like Armoral,but i used it to detail an old motorcycle,and it looked fantastic after. I sprayed EVERTHING liberally with Armoral. 'Everthing' included all the plastic AND metal parts,even the black metal frame! I let it sit overnight,then wiped it all off with dry cloths. It made the faded black paint look like new again,and all the plastic and rubber pieces.

Edited by PrairieBoy

I used it on a Renault 5's black rubber bumpers and they had a permanent white haze on them forever after.

Once again, I recommend trying "Stoner" products. This is what my '98 bike looks like with the use of their "Trim Shine".

post-6582-1273438264_thumb.jpg

Posted (edited) · Report post

Now I REALLY don't like you!:P:D

Edited by SameGuy