Xandria

Come, Say HI

1,101 posts in this topic

Hi, did you own the 2002 car? I saw an old school smart from Europe in Vancouver back in the beginning of this decade, not on the road though.

Hi Everyone- I am from Clacton-on-Sea, England. I have just taken delivery of a year old Smart Passion (red and silver)- and like everyone else I love it. I guess I have alway loved small 'querky' cars (that is meant as a compliment!) When I was a kid I always wanted to own a bubble car- but never had the money. Anyway, along the years I have owned a Bond 3 wheeler (Villias 250cc motor cycle engine chain driven front wheel though I had to kick start it as the clumsy staring lever never did work!I have also owned a couple of 3 wheeled Reliant Robins in my time.I am in no way comparing my nice modern Smart car with my earlier dabbles in the small car market- it is far and away more superior! (Though I wish I still had the Bond- it would probably be worth a bob or two by now).

Edited by JohnH

Hi, from Tilley AB. I have had my baby since Easter 2007 it now has 51000 km on her. She is excellent to drive and we have so much fun in her. We even go off roading to find swimming places for our fur kids. I am stopped a lot by people wanting info on the Smart I always tell them she was one of our best buys and wouldn't have anything else, Of course we also have a small truck because living in rural Alberta you need a truck. She has been in 2 parades one as introducing the new green era and one as a Dragon advertising the Medieval Fair in Brooks Alberta. A hit all the way around.

Hi, from Tilley AB.She has been in 2 parades one as introducing the new green era and one as a Dragon advertising the Medieval Fair in Brooks Alberta. A hit all the way around.

Good day and welcome.Any pictures of the dragon? A local company borrowed my smart as a dressmakers dummy to make a parade float for Lakelands College. MG

Hello, fellow smart owners. I recently picked up my 2009 blue/silver Passion coupe. Look forward to sharing thoughts on and experiences with this car.Regarding the forums' membership, does anyone know what proportion is Canadian? How about 450 vs. 451 owners? SCOA's membership appears to lean heavily toward American and 451 ownership.

Welcome to the club!Here at Clubsmartcar, we think that about 65% of the membership is from Canada, and probably the majority of those have the diesels. But as time marches on the 451 owners will take over and that's OK by me.

hello their!!!My 2009 smart passion for 2 silver metallic. awesome car. not a mistake to have purchase it, love it the moment I sat my bottom in it. it was the demo. I ask if this one was for sale? he said well everything is for sell but I have to ask my manager if I can sell this demo. got a nice discount of it since it had a total of 4000 kilometers to start off with, got them to waive the freight and PDI. that is a 1295 off the price tag. I explain that this is the model you showed me, and test driven it, so this is the one that I want to buy. the sells guy was surprise of my decision. well it drives straight and has a nice ride to it. 4000 km on it that is still new to me. I am the one that always bought a car with 160 000 km plus on the car as a use car. so... what can we do about the mileage on the car. waive the freight and pdi he suggested . so I took his word for it. they were not too please but where please to make the sell at the end. the new demo is a now the Brabus convertible for the dealership. love this car. my money stays in the bank and not out the tail pipe or in repairs. no more headaches. freedom should be the name of a new model for the smart car. pure, passion, freedom, Brabus. just a heads up for the dealership if the read this. would not that be cool for a model name. Make of car "Smart", model "Freedom". why call it freedom? the freedom to park anywhere practically, the freedom to be able to get to place safe and fast, the freedom of having a car, the freedom from the gas station filling ups. well I can go on and so can you. the car is practically like riding your bicycle for the first time. you get the freedom to explore a new territory, and to explore your surroundings. anyways take care and have a good one. oh Toronto to Montreal is 40 dollars one way and city driving included. total cost back and forth for me was 82 dollars worth of gasoline and snacks. enjoy

Welcome DueSouth. Just a bit excited about your new car, I read. I can relate ONYX was my first new car and I have had a love affair with her for almost a year now, despite some minor glitches like a series of faulty blower motor replacements on warranty and I sure wish people would not letting screws and nails fall out of the vehicles on the road???? I am due to put in my 3rd tire plug in 10 months. AAAARRRRGGGHHH! ! !

Bob in KCMO. Long time smart driver, mostly in Europe with all models, and first time smart owner.I've owned well over 100 less than 1 liter cars over the years, mostly Minis, but a lot of Fiats, Renaults, Citroens, Berkleys, and Sunbeams along the way. Just to show, I've owned a lot of big iron, although little of it of the muscle car variety.Cheers, Bob

Hi Bob, welcome to the club. I assume, with over 100 sub one L cars on the menu, you've had several a year come and go (unless you are 100+ years old)!

Welcome glad to have you aboard. Where abouts are you located? gotta love this site most are on here to help out with any questions on your new ride. have you named it yet?Karen