Xandria

Come, Say HI

1,101 posts in this topic

I have been using my 10 liter gas can with no problems, at least none that I'm aware of yet. I have a 20 liter one but that's about the size of the tank itself. I guess I could fill it 3/4 full and not use it until after the reserve starts. I keep it in the trunk of my other car, which is now unregistered and uninsured, until I need it.I'll be taking it in for A service on Monday. I was quoted at $180, which I guess isn't all that bad considering...! I just hope they don't tell me I need all kinds of work that I really don't need.

I have been using my 10 liter gas can with no problems, at least none that I'm aware of yet. I have a 20 liter one but that's about the size of the tank itself. I guess I could fill it 3/4 full and not use it until after the reserve starts. I keep it in the trunk of my other car, which is now unregistered and uninsured, until I need it.I'll be taking it in for A service on Monday. I was quoted at $180, which I guess isn't all that bad considering...! I just hope they don't tell me I need all kinds of work that I really don't need.

Hi all, I purchased my 05 black pure cabriolet about 7000 kms ago. Time for my B service very soon. Hoping to be Eddies best friend.My pure is bare bones with about 65kms. I plan on a re-map soon as a sale comes along. I recently purchased snow tires through the Members classified. (Thanks Mimota. Now we just need some snow) I have been sitting quietly in the back ground reading up on this complex machine. There are so many smart people on this site and I am very happy for all the info they provide. Hope to see members at any local upcoming Smart car events slated for the Lower Mainland.Best regards,Ted

Welcome aboard Ted! Maybe we'll see you at a smart event sometime when I'm over your way.

Greetings, from Calgary!I just got my wickedly cute 2007 Smart Passion! Its original owners, my parents, handed over the keys to me as of Christmas Day. I had been "baby-sitting" it periodically every time they went out of town and it's now become my very own.All the snow and cold weather we've had has certainly made it a new driving experience for me, seeing as I've driven it primarily in nicer weather.Can't wait to read up on all the boards!

hello smart people!i am a new proud owner of a 2006 smart car that i imported from toronto. i am totally infatuated with it. i can't stop looking at it - it's too damn cute. anyway, i am wondering if there are people in downtown vancouver interested in meeting up in person to share stories. i would really be interested in hearing stories about best places to have it serviced aside from the dealers to minimize cost. my smart which i have named "bullet" has 90K. i don't have the service records but am interested in having it tuned-up (major tune-up). anyway, am interested in hearing from other people.bullet & isidrocheers!

Edited by Bullet

Imported fro Toronto eh? Two more are coming out shortly from there!

Hi! I acquired a 2009 silver Passion just before Christmas, and really love it.It is so perfect for all the travelling I do. We are located in Sooke, are there any events in that area?-as there seems to be quite a few Smart cars around!We are looking for a bike rack for 2 bikes, if anyone has a gently used one ,we'd be interested.I'll post a picture of the Passion soon!

Events: yes, visit the Vancouver Island sub-forum by scrolling down the forum's main page.

Hello out there,Just bought my 2006 Passion cdi last weekend. Was only in for a test drive and traded in my car on the spot. I love this thing, I giggle every time I see it. Found this site yesterday and thought it was great, will be around.

Hey all!!I just purchased a 2006 passion cabrio with 22 000 kms on it. I can't wait for spring to get here so that I can put the top down. The "smart adventure" begins. ;)

Top down rules!

Actually, it was the enthusiasm of the cabrio owners on this board who were responsible for me going with the convertible. Prior, I thought the cloth-top would feel too enclosed. Plus, living in northern Alberta...... (do I really need to finish this sentence?! A convertible just did not feel practical).

One of the first members here to get their smart in 2004 was from Edmonton and it was a cabriolet.....they drive it once when it was snowing lightly.....

One of the first members here to get their smart in 2004 was from Edmonton and it was a cabriolet.....they drive it once when it was snowing lightly.....

So far all is well. And every time I get in the car I have an ear-to-ear grin - I just enjoy driving the thing. :) One of the things I am most impressed with is the seating position. I am up higher than the two smaller cars I previously owned, which were a civic and a corolla. Having said that, spring certainly cannot come quick enough.

Great!I am not Jean Chrétien's son, I meant to write "drove".....oh well!

Just though I would say "Hi". I bought a 2005 Smart Fortwo Passion yesterday and traded in my 1997 Jeep TJ. I had a 2006 Smart Fortwo Grandstyle when I lived in the UK in 2006 and I am happy to be back SMART again. Let me know if there are every any drives or group events. I did the London to Brighton Rally and ventured through most of the UK in the SMART. Gotta luv it.

post-7780-1266953084_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the club! The next big event in the area is the drive to the Auto Show at BC Place.

Edited by Mike T

... The next bog event in the area...

You sure about the not-Chretien thing? :P

Hello world! My wife wants to buy a smart, I was told to do some research! How do I talk her out of it? :) kidding ya'all. :)jack

Have you driven one? Try it - you'll like it! ;):welcome:Bil :sun:

You came to the wrong place to be dissuaded from getting a smart.....

The new gas ones ARE a bit smoother,and the shifting is faster/smoother. You really have to get USED to driving a smart car,as it is a COMPLETELY different kind of car.There is nothing else to compare it to.You have to learn the car's idosyncrasies.Driving it smoothly must be learned.With the diesel smart,if it is driven 'properly', you can get 65 MPG with it in the city.Whereas the newer gas smart can 'only' get 46-MPG in the city!It may not be a smooth riding car on rough streets,but it is the most fun car to drive in many respects.Nothing can 'out-maneuver' a smart car, and it is the easiest car in the world to park! You just drive right in! No need to parellel park.