Xandria

Come, Say HI

1,101 posts in this topic

Welcome to the "Introduce Yourself" forum. Feel free to start a new thread about yourself. Tell us how you became interested in smart cars, if you have one, what do you have, any mods you've done/planned etc. Show us your smart car passion!Edited to add: Whether you have a smart or are waiting or haven't decided yet, start a thread and tell us about yourself.And please append your own thread any time with new photos (once the system is installed), new stories etc.

Hi, I am still learning how to navigate this site, so please be patient with me!I am picking up my "new to me" 2005 Cabrio in Waterloo tomorrow! Traded my 2006 Harley for it...the plan is to trailer it behind our Motorhome we just acquired so we can have transportation when we get to our destination and have a ton of fun doing it!I will keep checking the forum for any helpful tips going forward...would anyone know of a dependable service garage near Brighton Ontario? (2 hours east of Toronto)Thanks in advance!

I am picking up my "new to me" 2005 Cabrio in Waterloo tomorrow! Traded my 2006 Harley for it...the plan is to trailer it behind our Motorhome we just acquired so we can have transportation when we get to our destination and have a ton of fun doing it!I will keep checking the forum for any helpful tips going forward...would anyone know of a dependable service garage near Brighton Ontario? (2 hours east of Toronto)Thanks in advance!

:welcome: to the club. Hang in there. There are other members in the Brighton area, so a response should be coming soon. Good trade! Now you have a warm, dry motorcycle that gets better fuel mileage. Another plus is, no helmet required to enjoy the sunshine. :P :lol:Ron :bike:

:welcome: to the club.

Hang in there. There are other members in the Brighton area, so a response should be coming soon.

Good trade! Now you have a warm, dry motorcycle that gets better fuel mileage. Another plus is, no helmet required to enjoy the sunshine. :P:lol:

Ron :bike:

post-10002-1309880448_thumb.jpg

[Well, I finally got to pick up my Smart yesterday in Waterloo and drove it back to Brighton! Took the GM Dealer almost 2 full weeks to source two front tires and fix the A/C, but they came through!

I must tell you that I had a blast driving home! Most fun I've had in years driving a car! Reminded me of driving my Austin Minis back in the 60's and 70's!

I had NO issues keeping up with traffic and minimal wind buffeting...it is a BIG hit at home and was a BIG hit at our local Tim Horton's last night...lol!

So, so far so good!!!]

Hey there PNP2Did anyone ever get back to you about a dependable service garage? If not, try contacting CANMAN on this site. He is in the Belleville area and might have some leads.Ron :bike:

Hey there PNP2

Did anyone ever get back to you about a dependable service garage? If not, try contacting CANMAN on this site. He is in the Belleville area and might have some leads.

No replies yet Ron, but I will definitely touch base with CANMAN...thanks for the contact!

Welcome to the "Introduce Yourself" forum. Feel free to start a new thread about yourself. Tell us how you became interested in smart cars, if you have one, what do you have, any mods you've done/planned etc. Show us your smart car passion!Edited to add: Whether you have a smart or are waiting or haven't decided yet, start a thread and tell us about yourself.And please append your own thread any time with new photos (once the system is installed), new stories etc.

Hi purchased a 2009 limited three two weeks ago with 8200km on it. My wife loves it. I got one heck of a deal on it so it was to good to pass up. Edited by chomas

Hi purchased a 2009 limited three two weeks ago with 8200km on it. My wife loves it. I got one heck of a deal on it so it was to good to pass up.

Sounds great! :welcome: and enjoy your stay. When do we get to see your new pride and joy?

Hi purchased a 2009 limited three two weeks ago with 8200km on it. My wife loves it. I got one heck of a deal on it so it was to good to pass up.

Congrats and :welcome:

This is my second Smart now. The diesel was a lot of fun. I hope to have even more enjoyment out of my new to me Limited 1 Cabrio. Still enjoying the weather with the top down. post-2762-1315588921_thumb.jpg

Hi guys,I'm new to the forums and am looking to get into my first smart.Hope to learn a lot from you guys.Thanks in advance.

:welcome: to the club and site. Enjoy your stay and (when you get it) your new smart. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Someone here is bound to answer quickly.When you get your new smart. we'd love to see it. :)Ron :bike:

Welcome to the club! My Peugeot was sold in Brampton when it was new.......so it's sort of home. Heh!

I'm going to be using the smart year round and will be putting over 35,000kms on it per year and was wondering which would be better, the gasoline or diesel version?I work in Brampton and am on the road all day, want to save as much money as possible on a reliable vehicle with least amount of maintenance headaches. I am single so the car fits my needs and now its just a matter of saving as much money as I can on driving and maintenance costs.Please guide me on my decision.Thanks

I'm very familiar with the diesel version and that is my preference.That being said, the diesel is the cheapest vehicle to run, however maintenance can be three times as expensive.If you do plan on buying a diesel smart please take it to a mechanic who is familiar with the smart to have it checked!Good luck :D

Hello To you Smart people. I am looking at getting a Smart car and want to know if the diesel is better than the gas models. If any one as any comments to support one over the other I would appreciate to see your comments.

Hi bjansel and :welcome: to the club.

There is some interesting reading in this thread. It will give you a fair insight into the pros and cons of both versions of the smart.

Hi, Pat here from L'epiphanie Qc near Montreal. 2008 451 White Passion Trying to stay well informed on these funny small cars. Patrice

Hi everybody. I bought my Smart car in Feb 2011 and absolutely love it! It's a 2006 Pulse diesel,red and black,its has about 108,000 kms on it now.I drive about 120 round trip to work so the savings in fuel compared to my F350 is tremendous ,plus its super fun to drive

:welcome: to the club. Most people enjoy their smarts with a passion (no pun intended). Glad to have you aboard. If either of you have questions, feel free to ask. Someone here is bound to answer quickly.

A lot of 'basic information' can be found in your Owner's Manual. If it's not there or you can't find it, this site is the place to find an answer.

Many of us travel seemingly long distances to attend meets, but you are relatively close to Windsor, Sarnia and London. Check the new posts for information about upcoming meets you might like to attend. Check out this thread for the next London area meet. We'd love to meet you.