Xandria

Come, Say HI

1,101 posts in this topic

Hello,I am new to the forum and am currently searching for my first Smart. Just can't decide which one I want. I am from southern ontario and am looking to get a higher MPG car.Does anyone know what the MPG difference is between the gas and Diesel version? I have been researching and found very different numbers. So far it seems the gas gets about 38 mpg while the diesel gets 80 MPG. Is that really true? is the gas model really that much worse?thanks and very excited to be a member of the group (soon)Bryan

hi ihave 2006 smart cdi diesel and love it fuel milage highway 60--70 mikes per gallon depends on wind and speed

bobba has 54000 km and no winter driving.i am a member for 2-3 yrs with not much activity,dave

1 person likes this

Well I did it finally. After several years of delay I took the plunge and now have a 2015 Smart for Two Pure. So far I love it. Going to the gas station is the most fun.

hi i am a new member ( senior citizen) i have been blessed with a gift of a 700cc deisel smart for two coupe but the starter was bad so i had to change it, did it myself lowered engine but am having a problem getting power to the starter spade pin connection , i will post how i lowered the engine in a post if i cannot find one already posted in this forum, thank you for having me as a new member ---thank you all---bauzzoo from Bradford ontario Canada

Been on this site for a month or so it never actually posted here.

I've had the pleasure of owning my smart since March 2014 and loved every kilometer that I have put on it. Here is a picture of my beast.

post-14895-0-48419300-1415037560_thumb.jpg

post-14895-0-36194400-1415037853_thumb.jpg

Thanks dmoonen, when I bought them they were silver and were a little rusty. Some TLC with sandpaper, a black spray bomb, and pinstriping to finish it off and that's the finished product.

hello dear friends

i am italian and a proud owner of a smart 450!

Glad to be part of you

thank you!

Edited by brunocortona

hey everyone I am Gill from Port Coquitlam BC. just bought a 2005 smart car cdi with 314000 km. i have no history of the car. l drive it every day. Things I did :

oil and oil filter change

fuel separator change

air filter change

is the shifting lag common in smart cdis is it something I have to get used to?

any other suggestions are welcomed

also car has abs and eps light on after 60km/h speed left rear reluctor ring broken will fix it when I have time

also the fuel separator light stays on need held with that thank you

any other suggestions will be appreciated

thanks in advance!!😊

hey every one just learning to get around the site I got the car a month ago @314000 km and just started to learn more about it at lest now I know who owned it maybe I can find out more about the car from leipa

any ways so I have a car with 315000 km without any history what kind of thing I need to do so I can get a few years out of it?

Welcome good to see a high milage smart, my coupe has around 320 on it now. Just keep up with the 5k oil changes is the biggest key.

Welcome good to see a high milage smart, my coupe has around 320 on it now. Just keep up with the 5k oil changes is the biggest key.

yes that is my plan I want to get a few years out of it its fun and very cheap to drive compared to my bmw x 3

also would you have reluctor rings for sale mike t suggested I talk to you?