Xandria

Come, Say HI

1,041 posts in this topic

Hi JD here from SoCal. I just picked up a Passion Cabriolet (red) yesterday. Pick up an Orphan configured the same as my reservation so now I don't have to wait until 2010; alreadey wated one year when they said I had to wait another year I decided to go to the local dealer and see what they had.No more waiting!!!

Hi JD.Welcome to the club!Hope you have lots of fun with your new Smart!. Love the red color you chose for your Passion cabriolet.It's my favourite color combination for a Smart car too!

Thanks Got one question though. What's a "Hill Holder"? It's listed on the spec sheet the dealer puts on the window.

Thanks Got one question though. What's a "Hill Holder"? It's listed on the spec sheet the dealer puts on the window.

When you come to a complete stop the brakes remain on for a second to allow you time to move your foot from the brake to accelerator, so the car will not roll backwards down hills, holds the car on the hills.

The 'hill Holder' feature works like this: Because the Smart car has an automated MANUAL transmission, not a real automatic transmission with a torque converter in it, it could roll backwords on a slope when you take your foot off the brake pedal, before you get a chance to step on the gas. The 'hill-holder' actually keeps the brakes on for a second, in order to give you time to step back on the gas pedal.This helps prevent the car from rolling back. A regular car with a manual transmission and a clutch pedal wold roll back under the same conditions.This is just one a many features which makes a Smart Car 'smart'!

hey everyone! new here too!I'm on a few 'other' forums and thought I would check out Club smart car. NICE!A few things about me.....been a fan of smart cars since I had seen one in the movie 'The DaVinci Code'. Then I heard they were coming to the US and I just had to have one. I reserved in 3/08 and took delivery earlier this year at the end of January. Got 2500 miles on "Lil Panda" already with no problems.Thanks for the time and I'll see all of you around......BP :D

Welcome BigPanda! I hope you really enjoy your Smart experience!Owning a smart IS more of an 'experience' than just buying a car. In time it may become a bit of a obsession.These tiny fuel efficient vehicles are addicting.I've already had more than one! I also bought a tiny right hand Suzuki Carry dump-truck from Japan some time ago. I now HATE spending money on fuel.I'd rather spend money on liquer, or more cars!.

I forgot to tell you one more thing' BigPanda'. You may want to check with your dealer about a re-call on the new smarts, with regards to a 'reprograming' of some computer functions.There are some postings on this problem on this web site.

Welcome, Big Panda! I think you'll enjoy the smart for years.....

Hi everyone,Just realize there is an official "Say Hi" thread here.I'm Maggie and I have just leased my first car - 2009 smart passion coupe.I'll be picking her up this Wednesday and I'm still really excited to look forward to it.Thankx~Maggie

Got my smart a month ago. Love it more each day. I live 105 miles north of Austin Texas. Drive it home from Austin at least 3 times a week. Love the gas milage and how it handles. Get LOTS of looks from all the pickup drivers here in Texas. I'm a retired police officer and have nothing to prove to anyone. Ordered a Cruise control and it will be perfect..... Hello everyone from Texas.....

A great, big :welcome: to all y'all who are new to the wonderful world of smart! You are in for many treats and much enjoyment.

If this isn't the most FUN car you ever owned, I'll eat my..... well..... dinner, I guess.

Bil :sun:

Welcome to the club, jimb!

Hi. Let us know how the two compare!

B) Hi Everyone,I'm Julie but they call me Julz.) I purchased my '05 Smart Cabrio last summer, totally loved it. Love the color black, had flames put on it cause I never seen one like this and decided to do something new. I totally love the car but would of liked the leather interior instead of this cheap ass grey cloth interior which spots just by looking at it. I didn't make any modifications on it yet but hoping when I get done payed off I would change the motor to the smartzuki....wow!!! Didn't have any problem until this winter, have a hard time starting...even now it would start in the morning but not in the afternoon. Everything comes on but nothing, so what I have to do is tap the tip of the starter and there it starts...it's almost like those toys, cranking then off it goes.hehe!!! Sent it to the garage and they told me that the starter cost about $900. holy crap that's alot and they don't even have a rebuilt kit for it. Anyone know what I can do?Julz

post-7099-1242728540_thumb.jpg

post-7099-1242728554_thumb.jpg

Mmmm, bad luck on the starter.....not much choice these days, but keep the old one and have it rebuilt for the next time.....

Hi There We purchased our smart metalic grey car at the end of April. We are loving cruising around. We are from winnipeg and looking forward to meeting up with the gang here. Darlene and Larry :D

Edited by amiga

Newbie in Lethbridge, Alberta here. I test drove a smart car in 2008 at the Calgary international Auto show, :drive: and was quite impressed with the amount of room and the ride. I didn't want just a base model tho, so I hung in and hung in until finally a reasonably priced '06 silver Passion fell into my hands. Diesel engine and all, just like I wanted, as diesel here is 74.9 and gas is over a buck I think as of today.. Drove it to Calgary last weekend, 450 kilometers for about $12 !! held 120 kph all the way. What a great little car. :speak_cool: I love it so far, and really wonder why they aren't importing the diesel any more.

Welcome!The diesel doesn't meet the post-2006 emission control standards, that's why it won't ever be coming to North America again.

Hello from Bellevue, Washington.I bought a 2008 Fortwo and am having converted to 100% electric this week as my company promotion car for Solar Energy Development (www.gcsolar.com). I am therefor selling the 1.0 L engine/transmission and gas tank. The mileage is 4235 miles the engine/transmission ran perfectly before pulled from the car.Does anyone have any idea what that is worth in $$$$ as I am selling. See Ebay item #230346299607. Many thanks.George Coiner - President B)

post-7128-1243791073_thumb.jpg

post-7128-1243791094_thumb.jpg

Welcome! You might want to hang onto that drivetrain until the oldest 451 smart is out of warranty. Right now, I doubt that anyone would pay a lot for that. In four years, who knows....But if you store it that long, get some oil into the cylinders first, otherwise it'll likely be scrap after a few years.

hi am am also new to the club have been with smart since 2002 when i would take the prototype around for the public to view the car and gather info about possible sale and what they wanted in the car . have a red and silver carbio passion with brabus mod and s - mann mods on the car . drive all year even in the winter. have snow tires on steel wheels for winter .