Xandria

Come, Say HI

1,029 posts in this topic

The one that was available here had about 13,000 kms on it. 

I presume the gas tank is the same size over there as it is here ... 33 liters ( 7.3 Imp. gallons)  If that's the case, then 60 miles on half a tank is not good.  You might want to fill it then drive it for a 60 mile (100km) drive then fill it again and see how much you have used.  This will give you a more accurate idea of the consumption rates than going by the gas gauge.  The Highstyle also comes with a standard start/stop system which shuts down the engine when the vehicle is stationary, presumably to aid in gas mileage.

Smart highStyle 01.jpg

Smart highStyle 02.jpg

Thanks for that, it’s an interesting read. 

I have the 84hp version so it doesn’t have the start stop unfortunately. However I did complete a longer journey on the weekend on much faster roads and got a lot better mileage! 

Once you become accustomed to the car and the shift points, I'm sure your mileage will increase dramatically.  (OK, maybe not dramatically, but you should notice a difference after getting used to it)

1 hour ago, iPete86 said:

Thanks for that, it’s an interesting read. 

I have the 84hp version so it doesn’t have the start stop unfortunately. However I did complete a longer journey on the weekend on much faster roads and got a lot better mileage! 

Also use fuel additive to help keep fuel system clean....engines bung up with little use. They may run but never as good as they should unless owners use the correct conditioners and storage additives etc etc......it took me  maybe 5 tanks to get mine to get much better mileage numbers but it is fantastic now. Yes mine is diesel but gasoline is the same, it breaks down and gums up the fuel system also.   Just a thought.