Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VRsyncro

Photos Of My Two German Two-seaters

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Haven't posted any pics of my new 2009 Smart ForTwo so I thought it would be fun to take pics of my two German Two Seater's!!

post-5932-1275941731_thumb.jpg

post-5932-1275941828_thumb.jpg

Edited by VRsyncro

Haven't posted any pics of my new 2009 Smart ForTwo so I thought it would be fun to take pics of my two German Two Seater's!!

Very nice. What year?

V. nice! Another member in Calgary has both a smart and a Boxster. Actually he has a few Porsches...

Very nice. What year?

It's a '98 with some updates (all Porsche OEM mods). Just had some body work completed so the car is in the best shape in years! Mike T - The Boxster and the Smart ForTwo are like Ying and Yang, the perfect compromise! Both are great handling cars and really fun to drive. What's nice is that both are silver, both have red interiors, and I love to wash both!! In the background of the first photo you can see my 1992 Passat Syncro Wagon. This is the battle horse that allows me to keep these two cars in great shape.

On 6/8/2010 at 0:36 AM, Eurometal said:

What are the maintenance costs like on a Boxter?

RE-Boxster: After ten years of ownership it has been pretty minimal. Regular oil changes and maintenance. 

After selling my Smart ForTwo in 2013 to my father in law (due to the arrival of my first son - and my wife stating we cannot own two German two seater's...) it looks like I am getting my old Smart back!

Over Christmas my Father in law asked if I wanted the car back for free and of course I said yes!! 

Not sure how the car has aged since my owernship, but it is less than 75K in KMs and hopefully not driven too recklessly. 

Will update once we take possession. 

No IMS bearing issues?

On 1/5/2018 at 8:28 PM, MikeT said:

No IMS bearing issues?

No IMS issue to date. When I replace the clutch we'll have a closer look but until then it's drive the car and enjoy! 

That's good.  I heard a fairly recent 911 in traffic last summer with the IMS bearing gone (ungodly noise at idle) and all I could think was ouch!

Well - after almost five years without the car - it is now back in my possession!

I really missed this car! 

Yes it isn't the fastest thing in the world, but for some reason it brings a huge smile to my face driving it around town. 

The car needed to have the starter replaced, at the same time I had some repairs done to the exhaust. One of the front springs were cracked so we replaced the pair, strut mounts, bearings, then oil change, air / cabin filter, etc... 

Giving my Smart 451 some love! 

Can someone remind me how many KM's they can get with just one bubble of gas left?