Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ETHICAL BEEF

New Tire Pricing For 450's

12 posts in this topic

I priced a full set of new tires @ my local tire shop (TIRECRAFT) where I spend several K on new agricultural tires annually. ContiProContact 175/55R15 $155.75 EachContinental Eco Contact 145/65R15 $125.00 EachI thought I would give MERCEDES all call in London for pricing!ContiProContact 175/55R15 $126.00 EachContinental Eco Contact 145/65R15 $ 89.43 EachBut they want $167.00 to mount and balance the 4 wheels (includes the Tire Stewardship fee)Total $598.86 Plus taxMy TIRECRAFT shop owner suggested I buy the new tires from Mercedes London and they will mount them for me for $10.00 plus the $5.84 Tire Stewardship Fee per wheel.So the entire 4 wheels purchased and installed for a Grand total of $430.86 + $63.36= $494.22 before tax a saving of just over a hundred bucks from getting the entire job done @ MerC.My G.F lives about two blocks from MerC so she will bring the new tires home in the morning!James. :D

TIRE RACK PRICESContiProContact 175/55R15 $155.75 Each..............$85 USDContinental Eco Contact 145/65R15 $125.00 Each...$60 USD total with shipping to Detroit $324.46 USDPlus exchange, duty and mount/balance ($170 DIFFERENCE MIGHT NOT BE WORTH GOING THE US ROUTE.)

TIRE RACK PRICESContiProContact 175/55R15 $155.75 Each..............$85 USDContinental Eco Contact 145/65R15 $125.00 Each...$60 USD total with shipping to Detroit $324.46 USDPlus exchange, duty and mount/balance ($170 DIFFERENCE MIGHT NOT BE WORTH GOING THE US ROUTE.)

........................But little exchange and no duty [count as duty free] so mounted,balanced and on the car for around $400.

Are rims duty free as well? I just got a great offer but the duty would kill it.Bil :senile:

Thanks for the Tire Rack pricing input! That is amazing pricing!Now I know why HuronLad and many others have gone the US route!E.B.

Thanks for the Tire Rack pricing input! That is amazing pricing!Now I know why HuronLad and many others have gone the US route!E.B.

Yup, I wll driving down to Ogdensburg to pick up a new set of Yokohama S-Drives in a week or two. And for those running 16" front tires, The Tirerack carries the Yokohama S-Drive in the required 175/50/16 that we need!!!!! (these are not available in Canada for some reason) And they are less than $100 each. No more having to order tires from Europe, and you can run the same brand of tire front/rear.

Are rims duty free as well? I just got a great offer but the duty would kill it.Bil :senile:

............................Anything you buy is duty free if you stay over.$500 for 2 days. $700 FOR A WEEK. I often fudge the timeBobb

............................Anything you buy is duty free if you stay over.$500 for 2 days. $700 FOR A WEEK. I often fudge the timeBobb

Just to clarify, it is actually $400 for 48 hrs.

Yep, TR is the only place to buy tires. Bought a full set of Blizzaks for $226 USD. Balanced, new valve stems and installed for $94 CDN.TR also has very reasonable shipping charges.

No passport :dunno: Only been "across the line" twice in 25 years.

When shopping Tire Rack, look for country of manufacture. It's there in the specs. If made in Canada or U.S they fall under NAFTA so no duty. If Japan, duty is 6% if I remember right. I bought Blizzaks, JP made, Yoko's for the Saab, US manufacture. Duty on Bizzaks, no duty on Yoko's.

No passport :dunno: Only been "across the line" twice in 25 years.

....................I cross 5-7 times a year so I often send things to friend's housesBobb