Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FlyingTigerDevelopment

Flying Tiger - Toronto/montreal Cruise Control, Remap

58 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hi Folks,

For those who had missed our visit last week. Here is your second chance. Sign up here for both cruise control and remap. Once you gather 15+ cars at each location. I will consider to come again.

Price same as last visit earlier this month:

http://clubsmartcar.com/index.php?showtopic=19600&st=0

Cheers.

Edited by FastEddy

I am interested. Sher, Mississauga647-330-7880

Hi Folks,For those who had missed our visit last week. Here is your second chance. Sign up here for both cruise control and remap. Once you gather 15+ cars at each location. I will consider to come again.Cheers.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hi Folks,For those who had missed our visit last week. Here is your second chance. Sign up here for both cruise control and remap. Once you gather 15+ cars at each location. I will consider to come again.Cheers.

I am in this time for sure, please let me know when...anyone not considering the remap is just lost in space and to have this work done by one of the best tuners like FastEddy is just a dream for us who haven't already taken the plunge.....ChrisBrabus 15 Edited by Brabus15

I'm absolutely, positively in. Not having cruise control is killing me.

1. Sher2. Brabus 153. Retr0

if you can do a 451 remap at a reasonable price I'm there too.

if you can do a 451 remap at a reasonable price I'm there too.

Sorry, that is not possible. If I had not explained before. Remapping ECU are quite different between 450 and 451. For the 451, one must remove ECU from car; un-solder a locking resistor; upload the original software; re-write the software; download the software; re-solder the resistor; and re-install the ECU. Estimating several hours per job. It is not feasible to transport all the required equipment for very little profit.

Sorry, that is not possible. If I had not explained before. Remapping ECU are quite different between 450 and 451. For the 451, one must remove ECU from car; un-solder a locking resistor; upload the original software; re-write the software; download the software; re-solder the resistor; and re-install the ECU. Estimating several hours per job. It is not feasible to transport all the required equipment for very little profit.

That's too bad. It's a real shame that there is nobody in southern Ontario who is up for doing 451 remaps.Out of curiosity, does a smart dealership have to go through the same basic routine to uprate the ECU firmware? I'm thinking of the upgrade they did to the 2008 smart's.

Well, we will just needing more participant. Once we get the numbers up I'll book my travel. Hopefully before it gets too cold. Last time it took 6 months to gather the amount of people.

Well, we will just needing more participant. Once we get the numbers up I'll book my travel. Hopefully before it gets too cold. Last time it took 6 months to gather the amount of people.

Can the Brabus paddle shift steering wheel be added to my base cabrio?

QUOTE (FastEddy @ Jun 23 2010 - 11:04 PM)

1. Sher

2. Brabus 15

3. Retr0

4- La Moule (In Montreal)(450 Cabrio; Re-Map; already got the cruise control; just need to "activate it")

You can or may post in french at

http://clubsmart.qc.ca

I'm sure you gonna get more people

I'm totally lost... :( I have a 450 Cabrio WithOUT Cruise Control of any kind.Is this an offer to Install a complete Cruise Control system to my car for $400.00 CAD?Can anyone describe what a remapping does and if it is required when adding the Cruise?

I'm totally lost... :( I have a 450 Cabrio WithOUT Cruise Control of any kind.Is this an offer to Install a complete Cruise Control system to my car for $400.00 CAD?Can anyone describe what a remapping does and if it is required when adding the Cruise?

The cruise control package is everything needed to install and activate cruise in the 450.The remap is for performance gains only and is not needed to have cruise installed.$400.00 for factory cruise (what Eddy is offering) is worlds better than the aftermarket alternative.The remap makes the cdi perform on par with the new gas car.

The cruise control package is everything needed to install and activate cruise in the 450.The remap is for performance gains only and is not needed to have cruise installed.The remap makes the cdi perform on par with the new gas car.

In your dreams - the remap vastly improves the performance of the cdi. I would say flat out say every cdi owner should do it but it does NOT come close to making the cdi perform on par with the 451. There simply is no comparison performance wise between the two.

In your dreams - the remap vastly improves the performance of the cdi. I would say flat out say every cdi owner should do it but it does NOT come close to making the cdi perform on par with the 451. There simply is no comparison performance wise between the two.

My 450 beats em, (at least the last few I came across). Edited by Coast Steve

My 450 beats em, (at least the last few I came across).

Having driven all three [stock pulse cdi, remapped pulse cdi, stock 451 passion] for at least a year each, I find that hard to imagine. Bottom line is, and i think that we are in agreement, the best thing you could do if own a cdi is have it remapped. With the cdi remap, you no longer do the turtle crawl on the on-ramp of a 400 series highway, you improve your maneuvaribility on the highway & urban roads, you no longer lose speed going up an incline plus you improve your fuel consumption. An all around win for less than what you would pay for snow tires. Now if I could only find an outfit that does 451 remaps.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Chatbox
    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More