houseofdiesel

So How Many Clear 600kms A Tank?

300 posts in this topic

Ok I know I filled up at 598.9 but I still had 1.0L left. So this means I made the 600KM club! !!!!:biglaugh:I am happy to join..Thank you, And I also want to thank my G/F for not getting made at me for driving so slow on back HWY this past week...and I also want to say I am going to try to see how far I can go on this tank :lol: LOL!!!Cheers everyone!

post-8482-1287063652_thumb.jpg

Ok I know I filled up at 598.9 but I still had 1.0L left. So this means I made the 600KM club! !!!!

Me too! I filled up at 300 km, but I had 12 litres left. So I made the 600 km club, too!Come on Derek, show us a 600.0 km photo. I thought accountants were more exact than this.LOL

Yep, close but no cigar! Next time, drive around the block a few times to roll over 600.

Ok Fine it doesn't count.I thought I could get away with 598.9 km on one tank... This tank will make it I hope. Ok I'll try again then!HAHA:biglaugh:Cheers

Anyone see the article in Friday's Globe & Mail? A guy from Maidstone, England drove his Passat diesel to the French Riviera and back as far as Calais before running out of fuel. He had put in 77.25L and did 2464km (Toronto to Miami!). Averaged 3.14L/100km. Average speed was 72km/hr. Car was a standard production car. This set a Guinness world record. (P2 of Globe Drive)There was also an article on p4 where some guy gives his impressions of driving a smart and yet another on p13 about the US smart that is not coming to Canada.

3.14 is good, but Serge could have got 2.3 in the same conditions probably (in his smart)!

3.14 is good, but Serge could have got 2.3 in the same conditions probably (in his smart)!

He should do it then and get in the GBofR. :D

Well let's get them to Québec and let him do his magic. He got about 1100 km on a (SuperFilled) tank.

Well, They only thing is for the GBofR, his tank isn't as big. They will have to let him fill up like 3 & 1/2 times to only be fair.That would be a fun ride. ANd a fun Record to set. Do you think the other guy did a little drafting off other cars/trucks?Cheers

My last tank was 460 km with 1.0L remaining, one of my best tanks in a LOOOOOOONG time.. :)

Really? What is your FE then? I haven't gotten less then 540KM since I have been reading all these tips... I am going on a trip this weekend ... So I feel like I am going to get a 600KM tank this next week! I am super excited!!!And I will post a 600KM picture this time not 598.9km LOL :biglaugh:My girlfriend tells me I am totally a geek for trying so hard. But I had to tell her that it is like a game to me and till everyone says I am inthe 600 club I can't stop trying :lol:Cheers everyone

So I bought Esso diesel the other day because there was no other station with diesel around Hanover. and that Diesel sucks!!!there is no way I am going to make 600 on this tank... must wait till another week.

Your overall average is great, don't worry!

I agree but I still want that 600 tank LOL!!!!you know.. one time deal! I will be lucky though to get a 525 tank I feel.... which is bad... would they have switch their gas to shitty winter gas yet?

Having a really bad tank. ScanGauge shows 4.8 LHK, but based on my experience with the blobs I can tell it will likely be closer to 5.0 L/100 Km. It may have something to do with the ESP faults I have; I'll know in a week after it goes in for service.

I just goit my reserve light flashing at me with 593kms showing, haven't run out yet. No chance of 700 this time, maybe next spring as the car is off the road soon. I coast to save brakes and transmission/clutch wear. I recently drained my transmission, with onlyt 17k it looked worse then any other car I have every owned, and that means 1 million kms on some! It was full of metal "flake" like a shiny fish scale when you look at it in sunlight, still red in the background but full of metal. I am going to limit my downshifting now...Lifting off in gear I would end up short of the stop sign if you know what I mean, I want to conserve energy by coasting, and most of the places I do it are slightly downhill. My Dad used to coast his Mercedes diesel for miles coming home each day, before traffic lights came to town, and he wasn't holding up traffic either usally traffic failed him! Coasting doesn't mean your going slow, just coasting. I find FE goes up slightly when I coast and I brake way less vs gearing down, in my situations anyways. Oh and my 1997 VW Passat tdi does 3L/100kms if I try, but at 65kmh not 72. But I don't get to drive it enough to keep it going on for distances like that, it is the family loaner car...

Well, I am not sure how your doing 700km a tank...But it's fun trying to get 600km. and really if i get 550km on 95% of my tanks I am a happy camper!I hope to get like 500km come winter though!

Wow,that diesel I got from Esso was bad. It only got me 490, and I was looking dry with 2.5l left. Bad bad bad diesel.Well this tank has 600 I can feel it!

Just did the last fill of the season, putting mine away now. Did 905kms on 29.5L, I had to put $10 in at one point hence the larger amount. This was primarily cooler and wet weather, very happy with the results. Now for the winter/spring mods/upgrades...

Okay something is wrong.!!??!!?? I drive 300 km round trip to work everyday down the 403. I would put 18 dollars in every day after work From that 18 dollars I was only getting 300 km. That's 6L/100km when I bought it expecting 4 I asked the dealership what's wrong and they said there was nothing they could do for me and that it was because of the way I was driving (115-120 km/hr) and non perfect conditions. I was upset but accepted it because it used to cost me50 dollars to do that trip in my pickup truck. I drive a good 300 km in the city on the weekends too and I am forced to fill up. Reading your guys posts, I know something is wrong. Any suggestions?