houseofdiesel

So How Many Clear 600kms A Tank?

300 posts in this topic

I give all the credit to slow speeds and cruise control. With the cruise I have found that at steady speeds it is lighter on the throttle then I am.I was watching the SGII last night( 6th gear, 60kph) and noticed it does not take much of an incline to run high load(70-80%) under those conditions. Flat ground it runs around 45-50%. Anything that might come close to being called a hill, I would expect is going to get close to 90%+ loads at 60-70 kph.

Yes I am for sure, SURE, that it is at 70km 1500rpm in 6th...

I'm just unsure because you also said:

1800 is 6th for me at 60km~ish at 60km is more like 2000 rpms in 5th...Anyways... I do enjoy the FE. and I hear so many different things about cruising at 1800 rpm in 6ht at 60~70km

I so got 3.36L/100KM WOOT WOOT!@I got just over 640km~THAT IS AMAZING!!!!!!!I LOVE IT... all my hard work paid off!

smart GmbH recommends 29 psi all around. I usually run 30 in front and 33 in the rear.

It's higher than the factory recommended pressure which I think is 29/30 or something like that.

FWIW, picked up the car today and it feels almost like new again, like it did after they replaced the turbo. The tech told me the service manager allowed a goodwill replacement of the EGR without a code because it was just a bit less than 3/4 clogged. The roof no longer whistles at highway speeds. As for the rest, we'll see. They couldn't find any other issues of note.It's raining today so I won't be cleaning the injectors or changing the fuel filter. I might as well do a few routine items at the same time (roof care, clutch actuator adjustment, lube, teach and drag set, and brake fluid flush). I think I have the next nice weekend day all set for me. :)

... teach and drag set ...

Needs Star to do this, eh?

Interesting about the tire pressure... On the tires (Conti Eco Contact ) it says MAX 44PSI, therefore I thought 40 should be fine... Should I release some of the air?

May I post this note on my wall of shame? :mellow: Just filled up: 200km @ 6liters/100km .... Was mostly inner city with two people... Although it's bad for my Smart, it's actually still pretty good compare to other vehicles :D

Looks like I'll get my first really good tank in a long, long time. Between warmer weather, what's probably "summer blend" Suncor diesel, summer tires, and a clean EGR valve, it all adds up to easy economy. I've done 136 Km over the past two days in mixed urban/suburban/freeway conditions and ScanGauge is showing 3.8 LHK so far. My normal summer commute is usually in the 3.2-3.5 range and will make up most of the rest of this tank, which leads me to expect a decent overall figure. :)

Last round of 2 partials + fill average = 3.42 L/100Km = 82.6 mpg (imperial)

This is short, in-town trips on grippy snowies @ 27/27 psi. Changing to summers, and oil+filter change (incl tranny) next week, so looking for some sweet numbers as the season goes on!

Bil :sun:

So now that it's summer... My foot got filled with lead I guess because I can't seem to go slower then 90km/hr LOL! :P

Forget about 600 Km this tank!I did a short fill (apparently) at a Petro-Can alongside the 20 near Rivière-Beaudette coming home from installing Norm Roy's cruise control last weekend. But since doing my clutch actuator re-teach and then installing pinhead19's EGR emulator on Wednesday I'm simply having too much fun with the GO pedal!I might end up with a 4.9 L/100 Km on this tank, and maybe 480 Km total if I'm lucky. LOL

Well I pulled my first ever 600+ kms on a tank!602 kms on 22.46 litres :D I was impressed as well>That was a mix of hiway, city and a wee bit of "off road"E.B.

Well I pulled my first ever 600+ kms on a tank!602 kms on 22.46 litres :D I was impressed as well>That was a mix of hiway, city and a wee bit of "off road"E.B.

Way to go, But where did you go off road-ing??I got 4.1/100km even with my bike rack on the back and the trunk filled to the gills with camping stuff!From London to port Elgin and Back. did 505km on the tank. not bad i feel.Noticed that on the way back with the window open I did better on the gas millage then on the way there with the A/C on. But it was way to hot to have the window down on the way up. and I don't car how much FE I get with the window down. at 40 plus degrees I am staying cool LOL!...Also I noticed so many people taking my picture. it's like they have never seen a car with a bike rack HAHAHA!!!

I got 188km on the first dot! I am going to have a good tank of gas! I haven't used my A/C all week. (which thursday I might have to use it as it will be 43 outside) but other then that I am on a great roll to get some good FE!!!!!

43? Unlikely. It makes me giggle when people quote the Humidex or windchill factor as the temperature. The hottest it has ever been in London is 38.2° (Montreal? 37.6°). Are we likely to break these records in the near future? For sure, thanks to climate change and the extremes it promotes.Nevertheless, I agree that it is damn hot this week. I was for the first time uncomfortable driving with the top down yesterday.