Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smartnhappy

WTB..... Looking for a replacement truck

6 posts in this topic

WTB.... 2-Door Chev Tahoe or GMC Yukon

I'm looking for a 1996 to 1999 Chevrolet Tahoe or GMC Yukon 2-door SUV.

I've had several of these trucks, and they're ideal for snow plowing (2-door has shortest wheelbase for best manoeuvrability).

Mine was stolen out of my driveway.

It was recovered 2 weeks later, having been involved in 2 accidents. It was totalled, with air bag deployed.

Along with a bent frame, they took a knife to all the leather seats, the headliner and the carpets. They kicked in the dashboard.

It was taken on several 'crop tours', as was evidenced by the roof scratches, missing mirrors and corn stalks in the rad.

Too bad, as it was a 1996 with only 74,000 Km in it and was in great shape.

OH WELL.

I'm looking to replace it, as I've got many spare parts, extra wheels and the plow's mounting bracket off of the old truck.

Looking for a diesel (if possible), 200,000 Km or less, NOT a blue or red interior but any exterior color (picky, eh?).

I'd be interested almost anywhere in Canada (fly in and drive back).

Vehicle must pass that province's safety check and E-test.

I got a good settlement from insurance, and I'm willing to offer top dollar for a top quality truck.

I hope there's someone out there in the Smart car community that knows of such a vehicle, or knows someone that does.

PM me with any leads.

Thanks in advance.

Bill

Check out the dealers on the Island here - especially around Campbell River or Courtenay - vehicles here don't get the salt treatment and being on an Island - well it kind of limits how far you can go.There is a Craigslist for the Victoria and Comox Valley area as well.Cheers,Cameron

those trucks are getting harder and harder to find! most people (like yourself) love them and hold on to them till there isn't much left.have you thought about buying from the U.S.?

have you thought about buying from the U.S.?

Yes I have. It's my fall-back plan if I can't find something in Canada.Missed a nice diesel last month just south of Montreal.

I might have finally found one. Just negotiating price.Might be able to finalize on Monday.Damn, there aren't too many good ones around.Everything I've looked at so far has been 'rode hard and put away wet'.

Found one !!

I picked up a '96 2 door diesel Tahoe LT in Hamilton today, with Glenn's help.

Body is very good, interior is whole, leather shows no rips and drive-train is tight.

Suspension/steering loose but fixable. Transfer case 4x4 works well, with new U-joints.

Transmission a bit sloppy (solenoids?). Two new batteries in it.

Engine has recent injectors and injector pump, but needs new glow plugs.

Truck is filthy and not used for a couple of months, but will clean up really well.

No issues on the drive home from Hamilton to London on the 401/403 at 110 to 120 kph.

I'll throw some money and work at it and will have a grand unveiling at an upcoming London area Smart outing.

I'll keep y'all posted as to progress. I'll throw up some pictures when I take some.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Chatbox
    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More