Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
garthD

Smart City Hunt

15 posts in this topic

Just received a a stylish invitation for a Smart City Hunt . The details are sort of vague, but it involves a hunt, prizes, and a light reception. Takes place in Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver. The Toronto event is on August 21st...not sure the other two dates. You can register here...

http://www.smartcityhunt.ca

garth

Got my invite yesterday and went to the site to register. It was kind of vague. I think I have to wait for confirmation, but unfortunately this is also the date of the Bayfield event. Hopefully, I'll get a reply soon, so I can decide if I'm going to skip the parade.

phhhhtttthhh - obviously they don't know that Victoria is the smart capital of Canada! :lol: Cheers,Cameron

obviously they don't know that Victoria is the smart capital of Canada!

OR that London already stages the BEST Smart car outings. I think they could learn a few things from us. :snooty:

That's right, London IS best, I have seen it first-hand. Fine bunch of keen smart owners out there,...

Edited by Mike T

Note you can enter the contest even if you can't make it to the event in person.B :sun:

That's right, London IS best, I have seen it first-hand. Fine bunch of keen smart owners out there,...

On behalf of all the London and area Smarties, thanks Mike (the cheque is in the mail) ;)

The London turnouts lend credence to the saying distance lends enchantment. It takes a couple of hours to drive down. Don't know why Toronto never gelled. Don't know about the Smart Hunt, guess we've owned the car for too long to get an invitation.

Don't know why Toronto never gelled.

This is not to say that the enthusiasm is any less in Toronto, but between the travel time for the out-of-towners to get to Toronto, then the traffic while in Toronto, it's really no surprise. It's the living area of choice for some, but I was happy to move closer to London about 19 years ago.

Unless the Toronto events are held in the outskirts of the city, traffic is usually a mess. The only time I go to Toronto on purpose is to make deliveries, and fortunately, the businesses that I deliver to are a 24 hour operation, so at 3 am, not too much traffic to worry about. ;)

Between London and now Hamilton coming on strong, there are two very good areas for smart south western Ontarians to enjoy the comradery of fellow smarties. Travel times are usually less than 2 hours to get to most locations and getting to the meeting area has fewer hassles.

Did get an invitation today (Monday the 16th), so we'll sign up and see if they still want us.

HummmJust wondering if that is link to the release in the fall of the new electric Smart?Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver would make sense as cities of choice... although I would prefer Halifax to be on the list!!!Grrrrr. I may have to travel to try one... Give some details those lucky one who are going!MC

I try to go to Toronto once a year to remind myself why I was SO glad to move away. Certainly wouldn't be anxious to go to an event there. SW ON is the place to be.Ish.

Okay, at least there is a thread sorta discussing this event.... but I am again surprised it's so quiet.

http://www.smartcityhunt.ca/#home

Anyone with a smart can register.

I am going to the North Van event, and just started a thread in General Discussions.

We should get this on the front page news.