Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zelenikky

Hi from the New Girl in Calgary!

16 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone!Just got my Highstyle yesterday! Loving it so far! I won't lie, I really liked the idea of getting the Grey Edition, but both the dealers in Calgary sold theirs and told me they couldn't find one anywhere in Western Canada for me :( It's all good though, I'm now loving my gorgeous Highstyle which shall remailn nameless for the time being as I have no idea what to call it..... not yet anyway.So how did I become a Smart fan.....well, get ready for this one ;)I was searching some crazy medical term at work one day and got click happy as I sometimes (ok, quite often)do. The next thing I know, there's a site popping up on my screen for Smart Car Skins. That day, it struck me as amazing! I could turn a Smart into anything I wanted! Probably helped that the skin that was featured was a purple explosion. Anyway, I spent days thinking about my misclick and all the possibilites it could unleash, but was a Smart really for me?!?!? Who actually drives these things anyway? Really, is it a good idea to drive something sooooo small?!?!I took some time, did a bunch of searching and reading and asked all kinds of people all kinds of questions and came to the conclusion, that perhaps yes, this might really be for me. The more I learned, the more I loved. Every insecurity or concern I had was taken care of by a quick search here and there or a question to the right person. It got to the point my boyfriend told me numerous times that if I was so passionate about them, perhaps I should change carrers and start selling them! I then had to convince friends, family, coworkers (who all still think I'm crazy since I don't have my drivers licence yet, only my learners for 14 years!) that I really hadn't lost my mind in thinking this would be a good decision. I'm still working on some of them, and as I'm sure most of you have experienced, some of them will just never understand.Now, I'm no car junkie, and I don't know a whole lot about a great many things regarding cars and the way they work and what fun things to do to them so they do this or that, but I figure I don't need to be those things. I just need to be passionate about my Smart, and I am!! So, like I said, loving it so far, will definately love it more once I have my licence!

post-8435-1281850133_thumb.jpg

Gratz on your new Smart. I remember it took me a lot of time to convince the people around me that the Smart is a SMART choice (even to myself)... but you will soon learn to love your car, specially when you pay so little to fill up your tank. The smart is a fun car to drive, and it helps save money (if something is too big for your trunk to hold, don't buy it =D)

Wow, you got bitten bad by the smart bug, Nikky! And your Highstyle looks really sweet!

:welcome: happy to have you aboard, girl.

Bil :sun:

Welcome to the cult. A learner's for 14 years! Crows.

Welcome to the club! Good luck with getting your full license!

Welcome, Nikky. I'm glad someone else is driving it just because they love it. I brag about the fuel and easy size, etc. but the truth is - I just am crazy about my little Smart.Ish

Hi Nikky and :welcome: to the club. Most members here are very passionate about their smart cars, but aside from that, if you ever have any questions about them, this is the right place to be. The site is full of people who know the answers to most of your questions, or can give insightful tips on how to do such mundain things as even washing your car.

Enjoy your toy as most of us do :)

Ron

Edit: for punctuation :huh:

Edited by Leadwing

Sounds so good when you say it that way Gord!!Went through my first 1/8 of a tank today!! Hehehe

How many days did it take you? My mom got her smart in May and didn't fill the tank until the end of July. She drives less than most of us obviously, but even I don't fill up more often than once a month except when we took the beastie on holidays.