Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
1000Ninjas

fan stopped blowing

8 posts in this topic

Hi guys,I was heading home the other night from work and as I exited the parking garage my fan seemed to die. I can still hear (and sorta feel) the ac and heating still working but nothing comes out.The strange thing is that the A/C button which normaly only turns on when you engage the fan can be triggerd at any time now. meaning at the lowest setting of fan speed (off) the lights still come on.Any ideas?Oh and my windshield wipers wont go to full speed. They go intermitant and slow speed.. just when I crank it to full they just stop moving.

Edited by 1000Ninjas

Check the fuses.

See diagram: http://www.evilution.co.uk/index.php?id=501

Since several things are going mad at the same time - blower, a/c button, wipers - yes, I reckon it could well be the SAM.

Makes me want to check mine and perform a prophylaxis, as Mike would say :D

Bil :sun:

What is a SAM?!I can't afford another repair for this car.Anyone want to buy a 2005 Smart Black Cabrio? around 115000km. Good to Average Condition? Toronto.I'm sick of 1000 $ repairs.

Edited by 1000Ninjas

Big repairs are not funny.The sam is an electrical control box through which most of the cars electronics are routed. It is under the dash and is vulnerable to moisture (replaced windshields sometimes leak near it).It may need a trip to Mercedes and will likely need to be replaced. When water gets on the electrical connectors, they short and actually burn up a little (or a lot). If the connections are too compromised, there are no simple modular replacements. Sometimes unplugging the offending connectors will re-establish a connection, but this may lead to other problems.We're all sick of huge repair bills. Be nice to the service advisor and maybe Mercedes will take mercy on you.

Big repairs are not funny.The sam is an electrical control box through which most of the cars electronics are routed. It is under the dash and is vulnerable to moisture (replaced windshields sometimes leak near it).It may need a trip to Mercedes and will likely need to be replaced. When water gets on the electrical connectors, they short and actually burn up a little (or a lot). If the connections are too compromised, there are no simple modular replacements. Sometimes unplugging the offending connectors will re-establish a connection, but this may lead to other problems.We're all sick of huge repair bills. Be nice to the service advisor and maybe Mercedes will take mercy on you.

I'v been hit with an altenator. two leaks. a roof and more in the last 5months. I can't afford this car anymore. 5000 bucks as is. lol baught it for WAY more last year.