Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smart142

London-monthly meetings

118 posts in this topic

To help get us through the winter we are trying to meet once a month on Wed. night

Our first meeting will be on Wed Nov23@1900hrs at the Old Victoria Tavern on South St.

The tavern is west of Adelaide. South St is a one way street so it is easier to use Colborne or Maitland and then turn left.

Those who have expressed an interest in going are:

1.smart142

2.smartdawg

3.SMRTGRL

4.Cheese4

5.smart n happy

6.SMARTING

All smarties are welcome and our intent is to visit all the pubs in London.

Cheers! :beerchug:

Any date set yet for December?? There was talk of the 7th. That's cool with me.

How about a venue in south London, to favour our southern cousins (you know, from St. Thomas and area).

Weather may be a factor for the out-of-towners, and proximity might be important.

Cheers!

Wed the 7th is good for me. I'm not much help with London pubs though. Most of the ones along Wellington Rd. S. seem to be large franchises. They all appear a little upscale from the Vic. :crackmeup:

I found one -not a franchise and a little better than the Vic. :speechless: Has 10 beers on tap! The Carlow Arms pub-just off Exeter Rd on Chalkstone. In a small,quiet plaza and it would be easy to keep an eye on the cars.

This Wed 7th Dec 1900hrs.

I'll try also...still no snow tires here yet.... I am not impressed with the car without...that deep snow on friday....I got stuck twice in the parking lot at work.

I am thankful that the smokers are banned to outside and could help push me out or I would probably still be there going back and forth...back and forth!!

The only good thing was that I was on company time and getting paid for it!!!

I just spoke to Dave(wee benz)who said the food is real good at the Carlow! He's gone there a couple of times to eat and is impressed with the chef. Excellent!!

:drink:

:spots:

WOW!!! The smartaholics gathered on a frosty night for a sampling of beverages&conversation:

Cheese4,SMRTGRL,smartdawg,smart n happy,SMARTING,WEE BENZ,smart142

and a special guest who was out for a long drive: Diesel Dave!!!!!!! Awesome!!!

We decided to meet the first Wed of the month.

Next pub on the agenda The Waltzing Weasel -Wed Jan4th 2006

:beerchug:

I might be able to go to that one!

Post some directions and a time and i'll try to be there!

1)Cait

It was a great meet guys. Well worth the drive from Hamilton. On the way back, I stopped at a truck stop in Woodstock, (that place where it always snows) and I finally got to try my new Blizzak tires in some snow. They are pretty amazing. No worries this winter.

Right on Dave! Good to see you again last night. Quite a surprise.

Cait - Here is the mapped location for the first Wed in Jan:

The Waltzing Weasel Pub

1324 Adelaide St N, London

Google Map Link

Just wanted to remind everyone that our next meeting is this Wednesday January 4th @ 7pm @ the Waltzing Weasel @ Adelaide and Windermere.

See you there

I will not be able to go to the Waltzing Wiesel because I have family to pick up at the Detroit airport at 8 pm(a change in flight plan).

Glen,

Sorry to hear you can't go.

I wanted to have a closer look at your car. Did you get my PM?

I'll be in attendance on Wednesday, WINTERS and all :watchout:

-Mike

I was thinking about it too... but I'm really close to my first A-service and I haven't scheduled anything, so I've backed right off on my driving. I don't know what to do!-Iain (originally from near London!)

Excellent night!! Another smart to join our group!! Too bad ya missed it Glenn...we found you a new "victim" for your modification push! We did have to move the location as it was a 45 minute wait at the Weasel....we ended up at Wit's End. Thanks to smartnhappy for staying behind and forwarding the smarts along to the new location.Next meet will be Wednesday February 1st....any suggestions on the location????

Glad it was a good one and sorry I missed it. Just rolled in from the west a short time ago.Should the next one be in the east or west end for fairness? I'm not sure where everybody is located (I'm north).