Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smart142

London-monthly meetings

118 posts in this topic

I think we should patronize Rockwater for the April meet. It's located at (essentially) Clarence & King. We won't have the weather to warrant a patio at night, that'll be for May or June.

Guinness (of course) is on tap there too. :drink:

Parking on Clarence street or in the garage off of it.

For the people (crazies) who don't appreciate the darker beers, they have over 20 on tap easily.

See you there (with the summer tires on) or be square. :smart:

Rockwater is good. You can even get flights of beer there! For the uninitiated, those are a series of small beer shots, usually 6 or 8, so you can try a bunch of different flavours without getting (too) hammered.The Tasting Room downtown offers great wine flights for those interested.

Sounds good to me!!! And to think we've just about got through the winter-yess!!!!

Thanks SMRT_GRL for dropping off that picture it will make a great conversation piece. I hope to have a cabrio by the next meet its killing me looking at one on the showroom ah well we should have more by the end of the month :P The crappy system here is not letting me post on some of the servers...hopefully this works.

You're welcome...when you have some time look through the Ontario section threads...there's a lot of pictures from all the fun activities we've been participating in

Anybody interested in going out for a drink on St.Patrick's Day? It's next Friday...if we do decide to do this we might need to make reservations because last year I tried to go to Molly's for lunch and at 11 AM there was a 2 block line up waiting to get in. Any suggestions for location and time?

Rockwater sounds like fun, and is only 2 blocks from my house. Hhowever, it is Mercedes birthday(my girlfriend), so it will be up to her if we go. I'll do my best to sell her on it! Hopfully we'll meet you all then.

-Jake

I'm afraid I have to bail on the April Fools meeting as I'll be in San Francisco on a little RnR before starting the new job (yup - I got it!! I start end of May and move to Baltimore for May 1)

Thx spinner! Hmm.. something about driving a Wankel-mobile...

I'll be keeping the smart until Aug 1 unless somebody makes me an offer I can't refuse. I'll be posting a For Sale soon to guage the interest.

Congratulations to you on the job! :beer:

Have you picked out the colour combo on that BMW yet? :watchout:

Best Regards.

Congrats on the job.

Aug 01st gives you over 4 months to save up for the CTS-V, eh.

I think a special London get-together is warranted, around your schedule of course.

Pre or post vacation.....or......pre or post job start.....or......any combination of these??

All local smarties contact the grand poobah president of London (Glenn) and implore him to force the issue.

Ciau

Hey Glen,

Do you still have that set of LED turn indicators? I'd like to take them off your hands and put them in myself since, I'd like to try my hand and the european wiring mod.

That will be, if I ever get some damn free time :banghead:

Sigh, finals finish up in April.

smartnhappy- good idea!! I'll try to organize something for smartdawg after he gets back from his r&r in San Fran. I'm enjoying a Guinness right now courtesy of yours truly! Thanks!

MB190E- yes I do have a set of those led side lights for you and you do know where I live-just give me a shout and we can arrange something.

smartnhappy- good idea!! I'll try to organize something for smartdawg after he gets back from his r&r in San Fran. I'm enjoying a Guinness right now courtesy of yours truly! Thanks!

MB190E- yes I do have a set of those led side lights for you and you do know where I live-just give me a shout and we can arrange something.

Sounds good Glenn. I have your number I believe from a previous e-mail. :beer:

Thanks all for your warm wishes. I just got back from Baltimore last night around midnight. It took a few days of hard searching but I was able to get a great 1-yr lease on a newly refurbished 1915 row house. Hardwood floors, exposed brick walls and gourmet kitchen. Yeehaw! If you're familiar with Baltimore, it's in the trendy Canton area just blocks from Odonnell Square (pubs, coffee shops, restaurants) and minutes from the water. I think I really lucked out.

As for a final get-together, that sounds great! I leave for San Fran on Thursday and will be back the following Thursday. Any weekday evening between Monday, April 10th and Tuesday, April 25th should work for me.

How 'bout April 13th! Somewhere in London, and I will bring my friend Rob from Windsor. He's coming to Waterloo with me for the weekend and he LOVES smart cars, so he would definitely love to see a bunch of them up close!

SO THURSDAY APRIL 13TH 6 or 7 PM!

*can someone in London pick a nice place for this to happen? I don't know much about anywehre to go, ALTHOUGH I am rather fond of perrogies at Swiss Chalet! ;) ;)*

Hey Cait. That would be great if the two of you could make it.

Thursday, April 13th at 7pm would work just fine for me. If this is good for everyone else, we just need to hammer out a location...

what about the wortley roadhouse....we haven't been there for a long time and since kirk's leaving he won't be joining us for the weekly meetings at wortley road anymore

I'll be keeping the smart until Aug 1 unless somebody makes me an offer I can't refuse. I'll be posting a For Sale soon to guage the interest.

Memories... Seems like only yesterday you drove up in your mint smart for Euro Meet 2005:

Posted Image

(sorry, crummy resolution)