Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Coast Steve

Smart city hunt in Van

33 posts in this topic

I kinda forgot to wear a clubsmartcar shirt yesterday... missed you somehow Steve...

I kinda forgot to wear a clubsmartcar shirt yesterday... missed you somehow Steve...

Shirt would have been good yes, The topic of the club came up a few times, and I promoted it a bit.Kind of embarasing, I forgot what you looked like smartzuuk ! (I am a little dense you know) plus I'm not big in crowds as a mingler. Edited by Coast Steve

Thanks for posting your pictures, Steve. They're great! I ("PUT-PUT)" was right behind you when we arrived at Nat Bailey. I guess we were in the first group of four.

Oh ok I remember now!I was the 3rd group of 4 that left, so we must have met up at one of the stamping stations along the way, :P

Edited by Coast Steve

I wonder how long till the last group went?There were lots of cars and every 4 minutes was the timing I think

Great pictures! Thanks for posting! So for everyone that went... what was the event? I guess you drove around the city and got passport stamps, but to what end? was it a race, was it a rally? was there certail locations that had some meaning? or was it just a chance to hang out with the other Smart owners?Soo sorry I missed it :icon_sad:

Great pictures! Thanks for posting! So for everyone that went... what was the event? I guess you drove around the city and got passport stamps, but to what end? was it a race, was it a rally? was there certail locations that had some meaning? or was it just a chance to hang out with the other Smart owners?Soo sorry I missed it :icon_sad:

No it was not a race at all.There were Sponsors to this event, but it looks like Mercedes organized it. The Idea was to unearth your citys "secret gems" while looking at the clues given to you in a passbook at the begining.At each stop you found smilling support staff and they stamp your passport, then off you go to the next one.Here are the passport books tips:First stop was, Fashion: (Established in 1978, this INSTITUTION strives to build and develop top profesionals in the field of fasion, makeup and hair.The founders son is the lead singer of "the strokes" (John Cassabancas INSTITUTION)Second was, music: This top jazz club in Vancouver and also one of the top in the world, has seen hundreds of musicians and it has helped many artists come out of the CELLAR(CELLAR jazz club)Then was, art:This landmark uses non traditional canvas which was one illegal to be painted on, if you're a fan of urban art, this might me up your ALLEY(Graffiti ALLEY in gastown)And the final destination,This trowback stadium is truly a CANADIAN landmark, and is a great place to buy peanuts and crackerjacks, so root root root for your home team.This is where everyone ended up and got prize bags, food, music, mingling, etc.Steve Edited by Coast Steve

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Chatbox
    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More