Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dukemon

Good Diesel Shop in Edmonton/Alberta?

11 posts in this topic

Does anybody know of a good diesel maintenance/rebuild shop in Edmonton or Alberta for that matter that will work on Smarts. Warranty is not an issue.

I haven't been there myself yet, but I've heard Pug City Euroworks is a good place.www.pugcityeuroworks.ca

I had my car in at Pug City last week for the first time (to get my Tolsen restrictor plug installed and some maintenance items). I will be back. Neil seems to have a good grasp of how smart owners feel about dealing with M-B and tries to make himself a good alternative. I also love that he doesn't open shop until 9:30 am -- I hate when car places expect me to show up at practically the crack of dawn! As an out-of-towner I had nowhere in particular to be while my car was in the shop, so being a short walk from Whyte Ave was a nice bonus.

Edited by Some Guy

I had my car in for service recently. For the most part I am pleased with the service, but would like to point out that Neil's shop does not have the diagnostic system that Mercedes has. So he was unable to adjust clutch or diagnose car with system. Overall I was pleased otherwise as his prices are reasonable and the price quoted is very close to what you will pay. I had my car in for service and the Tolsen plug installed. All seemed to go off without a hitch. i would go there for service again but would need to schedule a visit yearly for clutch and diagnostic at mercedes.

i would go there for service again but would need to schedule a visit yearly for clutch and diagnostic at mercedes.

Didnt realize the car needed yearly clutch and diagnostic. :/Been quite happy with Neil and Pug City so far. Seems very knowlegeable and willing to go that extra mile....unlike some unmentioned dealerships. Had ball joints, brakes and turbo work done December of 2011. Told him he should advertise on this site (not sure what site rules are???). Seemed content to let "word of mouth" work its magic for the time being however.

Advertising smart related services here is free in the Self Promotion forum. Please let Pug City know that.

Also here in the wiki. This is of value because it is not self-promotion, but word-of-mouth from customers.

I have also used Pug city. The service was fine and I assume the job was good. I was disappointed that they did not wash or detail the car though. That is one of the best things about Richmond Mercedes (Vancouver area). I have to have a wheel balance or alignment, can't remember which, so the tire shop said because there are waves on my summer tires. I wonder if they do that? I guess I could email and check. They are 2.5 hours away from Elk Point, so it is a full day trip for me.

i would go there for service again but would need to schedule a visit yearly for clutch and diagnostic at mercedes.

Check with Neil, but when I was there in January 2012, I think he said he has the STAR diag machine and software now, as one of the items I asked about doing later this year is the brake fluid flush/replacement.MG