Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zelenikky

Engine Light On

11 posts in this topic

Oh no! My engine light is on! I noticed this is a much more popular topic in the 450 section....Ran a few errands yesterday and after being parked for about an hour came back to start the liddle car and the engine light came on. Won't go away, of course. Guess I'm taking my 2 week and 4 day old car in to get checked :(

Check that the fuel cap is properly installed, if this light illuminated shortly after a refuelling. If that is it, the light should go out after a few more driving cycles.

Checked this when got home, still had the light on. My neighbour came over to see what I was doing and re-checked the cap. Apparently I just need a lesson inhow toscrew it in cuz the engine light is gone now! Thanks Mike! You shall be my hero today!

Not sure how the 451 cap is, but with most evap-recovery systems the cap should "click" three or four times past what feels tight enough.

Someone nearby may have a Scangauge so you can quickly access the OBD-II code.... it may be nothing

I had an engine code on my new 451 too, luckily I ordered a scanguage... Turned out to be a U0002 code which i beleive was because of my cell phone plugged into the 12v jack

Really, a cell phone?! Wonder if that was a factor too then.... Did have the cell phone plugged in for an hourish. It seems removing and reinserting the gas cap fixed it though, so maybe phone had nothing to with it in my case ;)

A side note. I got a engine code in the coldest part of winter with my 451. It turned out to be water in my gas. So when it gets cold -30 and below I add a half bottle of gas line antifreeze to my gas tank at every other fill up. FYI

A side note. I got a engine code in the coldest part of winter with my 451. It turned out to be water in my gas. So when it gets cold -30 and below I add a half bottle of gas line antifreeze to my gas tank at every other fill up. FYI

Hmmm... good to know ;)Nik