Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jazzbaby

Another Calgary Smartie

14 posts in this topic

Hi. This group seems chatty and fun. I've had my smart for a few months now and still having a great time every time I drive it. It performed better than expected on a recent road trip to the coast taking the hills through the Rockies with no problem at all. The only thing I don't like is the comments from people who insist on coming over and showing me just how uninformed and rude they are by bad-mouthing my car. Of course, they are usually the ones with the need to overcompensate for their shortcomings by driving the trucks and SUV's. I'm hoping that there are a few in the Calgary area that would like to get together once in a while for a meetup or an outing. Nothing like a couple of dozen smarts in a convoy to bring attention to a great vehicle.

:welcome: to the club. Stay tuned to this site. There are events going on all over the place for smarts and their owners. There are 2 spots under 'forums' to do with Alberta, one is Calgary specific.Again, welcome and enjoy your new smart..most of us do :DRon :bike:

Welcome to the club!We were just in the Alberta Rockies and Calgary area. In our B 200 though ;)

post-5-1283661516_thumb.jpg

Thanks all. So nice to talk with similar minded people.@ Mike T - And we were out in your area just a couple of months ago. Took the wee beastie on it's maiden voyage to break it in and had a great time. Even got a deal on the ferry because of size, weight, etc. :P

Got a deal on the ferry? Do tell. We've never done that, in about 30 crossings!

Thanks all. So nice to talk with similar minded people.

@ Mike T - And we were out in your area just a couple of months ago. Took the wee beastie on it's maiden voyage to break it in and had a great time. Even got a deal on the ferry because of size, weight, etc. :P

Ferry discount? You must be very special! The smart community has been begging and pleading for a discount (because of size, weight, etc.) for 5 years or more! To date, BC Ferries has only said no, no, no.

And the very first time you go on the ferry you get a discount! How'd that work?? Please don't tell me you are a 20-something woman with amplitudinous cleavage ;)

Bil :senile:

Please don't tell me you are a 20-something woman with amplitudinous cleavage ;)Bil :senile:

But if you are, we want pictures :lol:

@ Mike T and @ bilgladstone - It was the crossing from Horseshoe Bay to Nanaimo, midweek. I wish I still had the receipt to check exactly what the fare was and why so I could tell you. @ bilgladstone and @ Leadwing - I am a bit more than 20-something. As for the other, that is subjective. I will say though that I do still fit behind the wheel. :rolleyes: And I smile nicely and have a cute dog.