Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Britsmart

2010 Nissan Cube is Simply Fantastic

18 posts in this topic

I have to say the Nissan Cube is beautiful in every way, went yesterday with my friend to take a look at one. She's looking to replace her aging 1995 Pontiac Sunfire, when I was asked to go with her for a second opinion, I wasn't sure how it was going to go, was never a Nissan lover and this thing just looks weird. I sat down in the Cube and was shocked, the seats invite you to go for a really long drive, their so comfortable and the texture is unique, soft to the touch. The placement of the cupholders around the driver are well thought out, the one that grabbed my attention was the one right beside the steering wheel, no more search and spill. Well sitting in the drivers seat I couldn't help but imagine a long road trip, listening to some road tunes, grabbing a coffee, and placing it within reaching distance.Moving to the back bench, this is where it gets interesting, the bench slides forwards and back and the passenger can recline the seats if they choose. I thought that was neat, especially if you need to load bigger items then you slide it forward and there you go.Time for a test drive, it's got go, we took out one with a CVT transmission and if you weren't careful you were doing well over the speed limit. Everything in the cabin is placed for ease of use to the driver and passenger, I found it has the feel the smart gives you of driving a large vehicle because of how airy the inside is.When it came time to leaving, I got a feeling of sadness because it was such a fun vehicle :) If I was looking to get a second vehicle or replace my smart this would be the vehicle, gives me the funky aspect and fun the smart does. Still love my smart though and have no intention of getting rid of him :)post-7297-1285513259_thumb.jpgpost-7297-1285512249_thumb.jpg

Edited by Britsmart

It's nice to see a review of the 'Cube'. I thought they were interesting vehicles,and i got to give Nissan credit for trying to sell them in North America.I don't think they are very 'good looking', but they sure seem to be practical and fun!

Sometimes, "unique" doesn't work -- can you say "Aztek"? :D

The Cube isn't really ugly. In some ways it's aesthetically perfect, almost a Da Vinci. But good-looking? Eye of the beholder and all that. But it is a very cool vehicle that has so many attributes which are difficult to ignore.

If I were in the market for a vehicle of that size and ability, I'd give it a serious look.

I'm also a Cube fan; however, I'm fickle. The current car to capture my attention is the new larger Mini coming with BMW's on demand AWD. *drool*

My wife hates them (and PT Cruisers + Azteks) but I can see the practical side. Sandy almost never hates any car, so that's saying something. It's pretty obvious that the stylists tried REALLY hard to make it look like a washing machine, and just about succeeded.

I've had a 2010 cube since December. I bought it just as my "travel" car (as a smart is not great in the winter), but I'm surprised how much I like it. Like the smart, it brings a smile every time I drive it, and it is amazingly comfortable. It's also quite easy to mod/personalize, even though they are "quirky" right from the showroom floor (the tach is the moon, the speedo the Earth). I'm really enjoying it! Dang

Edited by Dang

I test drove one about a year and a half ago and enjoyed the ride. However, we had owned a couple of Nissan Multi's and I just kept asking myself how this Cube had progressed over the 25 years. Very little if any ---- the Multi had sliding rear doors that were great in parking lots and the fuel mileage and usable space was about the same. The Cube's styling is a little more funky---- for better or for worse. Slightly Flintstoney. The first generation Scion xB was more to my liking.

No offense to anyone, just my personal opinion, but these cars are just ugly as anything I've ever seen.Nissan CubeKia SoulAbsolutely hideous lol I'm not sure how two car companies managed to come out with these things at the same time...

It is a funny ad. The Soul looks more like a regular vehicle than the Cube.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder. :beerchug: It's certainly not something I would run right out and buy because of it's looks, but as they say, "different strokes......" or "to each his/her own"I've always wondered exactly who "they" are :huh:

See, thats what I like about it.If you are looking at the "lower" end of the price range (I paid less for my 2010 cube than my 2005 smart), there are a zillion perfectly good cars you can choose from. Corolla, Versa, Civic, Elantra, etc. are all perfectly good cars..... and mind numbingly boring. I like "different", which is what was the draw for both the smart and the cube. In both cases there just about isn't anything like it on the road. I like the fact not everyone likes these cars (either the smart or the cube). Think different!What is surprising is you don't really give anything up on the cube for comfort or practicality. In fact, I would say it's probably the most practical car I've owned. (though I've owned a lot of impractical cars.) I'm not sure I like the CVT yet though.Cheers! Dang

Dang,How do you like driving that Cube? And what type of gas mileage do you get with it?My girlfriend and I are looking into an SUV (not for another year but we are now starting to look) For Family planning and what not. Plus the Smart can't do everything (though I think it can) So do you like it as an SUV?

I have been thinking about the Cube for the past little bit, since my friend and I test drove it. It's ultra comfortable and with not being fond of flying during long breaks I'll be driving back to see my parents in Ontario from BC. Of course I would be keeping my smart, it's paid for, it turns out if I do get another vehicle "Cube" my parents want to get rid of their Jetta and get a smaller car and they want my smart so it will always have a home :) and be well looked after :D I just fell in love with the Cube

Sorry Derek, missed your question.I'm getting about 7.5l/100 in the city. I don't drive it particularily economical. Cheers! Dan

I'm sorry but I just can't look at them. I like the Soul, the xB, and even the Element (certain colors only), but I can't believe they made it look like that on purpose. Hopefully Brit takes a look at the Nissan Juke... funky, kinda cool, and turbocharged!