Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ishkabibble

cup holder

14 posts in this topic

I understand there is a cup holder that can be added??? One that will accommodate 2 cups. Does anyone have one in their 450? Where does it go. Does it do the job? I can hang my Timmie's travel mug over the ring in the OEM one but doesn't work real well for bottles, etc. Ish.

I have it. I goes in the regular place, screwing into the holes under the console and with Velcro hooks that stick to the carpet on the hump. It has two holes, with a ring of flexible rubber flaps that encircle the top of the nearer hole. The ring can be swung out to the right side in order to hold water bottles, etc.You should be able to pick it up at the dealership for around $75 or so, or maybe a bit less online.

I just fitted one of these 451 double cup holders to my 450 and it fits perfectly.It even takes 2 Southern "Medium" Iced teas from Bojangles!This is from a previous post from Mighty MousE Tech."I finally got my North American 451 cupholder!!! My dealer was having a lot of problems trying to locate the exact part number, and MB even shipped them the wrong part several times (apparently). Well, after almost a year of trying, I finally got the one I wanted.The part number for this part (WITHOUT the insert that raises the cup up higher) is:451 810 0170 CR4AList price on this part is $62.45 at Canadian Dealers."

Thanks everyone. I have written down the part # and will pursue obtaining said item. I have to go out and double check the car but I am assuming the current ring one has to come out? Once again - too lazy to go down 2 flights of stairs and walk across the yard to the garage. :rolleyes:

Yep - it probably will - easy though - pop off the cap (they crack so you will need one for the end of the switch stocks anyways) - use a quarter to remove the big screw and you are ready to install the new one.Cheers,Cameron

It was my very first mod, within days of getting my car. I find the swing-out rubbery thingy useful. I ordered it from Flying Tiger, here.

Sometimes these decisions are a big headache. The 2 cup holder would be great but then one has to give up the space in the OEM one which is useful for holding all kinds of things - just not even one cup - let alone 2. aaaaaaaaaargh!! :confused: Ish.

I was wondering if anyone knows if there are wires going under the carpet on top of a central console. I found an excellent cupholder for two cups (Walmart - $10). I used velcro and it is fine but I will feel better if I can screw it to the floor.

post-13989-0-55576000-1432853472_thumb.jpg

YES!!!, wires and more, all kinds of stuff run down the tunnel. Do NOT drill there. Just don't, terrible idea. Technically one could find out exactly where stuff is and get lucky, but don't risk it.

No problem with an aluminum shape bent to fit under the carpet and correct-length screws through the carpet, that'll hold your biggest drinkholder or console.

1 person likes this

I know someone who drilled there and hit the main wiring harness - fried a SAM and the harness.

1 person likes this

I was wondering if anyone knows if there are wires going under the carpet on top of a central console. I found an excellent cupholder for two cups (Walmart - $10). I used velcro and it is fine but I will feel better if I can screw it to the floor.

Why don't you try to get the original screw for the Cup holder and drill a hole in your OEM part? And as Alex said, don't drill in the tunnel...