Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smartnhappy

Road Trip - Tuesday October 05, 2010

27 posts in this topic

It's about time for a little road trip. Probably the last road trip till the Spring. Several reasons why......

Our last few outings have been fairly static. Even the parades didn't carry most of us too far.

It's the time of year that the leaves start to change colour, so there is great scenery to view.

It's about time we build in a 'little treat or two' into our outing again, and not just a few Timbits.

Our recent visits to automotive restoration facilities in Chatham and Milton took most of us along Hwy 401, so they didn't qualify as 'road trips'.

So here we go....

We meet at Shaw's Ice Cream Shop on Hwy 4 just south of St. Thomas at 5:30 on Tuesday, October 05th.(6598 Sunset Road

St. Thomas, Ontario)

Most of us know this place and have been there in the past (remember road trips to Mackie's in Port Stanley).

Get there early enough and maybe enjoy a 'little treat' before we head out.

Head east via quiet two-lane roads along Lake Erie, passing a lot of big wind turbines as we go, on our way to Port Rowan. About an hour's drive.

We get to Port Rowan to find ourselves at Country Coffee n' Blazin Burgers (the home of Phyllis' favourite, the huge Boston Cream donut).

We all enjoy some dinner..... a burger / sandwich / wrap / sub / soup / whatever, and maybe another 'little treat'. They're open till 8PM.

Any other Smarties are welcomed to join us from other directions if Shaw's isn't convenient for you. Please sign up and stipulate that you'll 'meet there'.

We then return west along mostly different quiet two-lane roads back towards St. Thomas / London (Terry and Phyllis may choose to go north instead).

We should all be back home by 9PM if we leave Shaw's at 5:30. That way most of the trip will be in daylight (the days are getting too short lately).

BTW - this road trip has been reviewed and authorized by the club president and our grand poobah, Mr. Glenn Kolano. :king_right:

ROAD TRIP SIGN-UP

1. Bill

2. Glenn and Liz

10. ⬇

ROAD TRIP SIGN-UP

1. Bill

2. Glenn and Liz

3. Britsmart (If I have the day off :)

10. ⬇

ROAD TRIP SIGN-UP1. Bill2. Glenn and Liz3.Britsmart (If I have the day off) 4.Nate5.6.7.8.9.10. ⬇

Edited by Nate

ROAD TRIP SIGN-UP1. Bill2. Glenn and Liz3.Britsmart (If I have the day off) 4.Nate5. Terry & Phyllis6.7.8.9.10. ⬇

I'm working in Burlington on Oct. 5, but if (FINGERS CROSSED) I finish early, I'll be there! :)

Keep in mind that if you travel on the 403 towards Woodstock, it is down to one lane from Paris to Woodstock (about 18 kms) and speed reduced to 80 kph. (Both directions)

Perhaps you can contact smartnhappy (Bill) about joining up with us (the rest of the smart group) part way through the run or meeting at Port Rowan. See original post for possibilities.

Ron :bike:

Edited by Leadwing

ROAD TRIP SIGN-UP

1. Bill

2. Glenn and Liz

3. Britsmart (If I have the day off)

4. Nate

5. Terry & Phyllis

6. dragon - meet there ???

7. Ron - meet on way ???

15. ⬇

ROAD TRIP SIGN-UP1. Bill2. Glenn and Liz3.Britsmart (If I have the day off) 4.Nate5. Terry & Phyllis6. dragon - meet there ???7. Ron - meet on way ???8. Derek & Andrea ( I will confirm by tonight... if I get my computer back ... got to talk to the better half!)9.10.

Edited by smart142

ROAD TRIP SIGN-UP1. Bill2. Glenn and Liz3.Britsmart (If I have the day off) 4.Nate5. Terry & Phyllis6. dragon - meet there ???7. Ron 8. Derek & Andrea ( I will confirm by tonight... if I get my computer back ... got to talk to the better half!)9.10.

ROAD TRIP SIGN-UP

1. Bill

2. Glenn and Liz

4. Nate

5. Terry & Phyllis

6. dragon - meet there ???

7. Rod - meet on way ???

8. Derek & Andrea ( I will confirm by tonight... if I get my computer back ... got to talk to the better half!)

15. ⬇

Edited by smartnhappy

Looks Like we are a go. For now. She thinks I might have mades plans already. so I think we will be in the clear unless those people I have made plans with calls me HAHA :lol:Alrighty See everyone tuesday!

ROAD TRIP SIGN-UP1. Bill2. Glenn and Liz3. Britsmart (If I have the day off) 4. Nate5. Terry & Phyllis6. dragon - meet there ???7. Rod - meet on way ??? 8. Derek & Andrea ( I will confirm by tonight... if I get my computer back ... got to talk to the better half!)9. Ron :P10.11.12.13.14.15. ⬇

Edited by Leadwing

ROAD TRIP SIGN-UP1. Bill2. Glenn and Liz3. Britsmart (If I have the day off) 4. Nate5. Terry & Phyllis6. dragon - meet there ???7. Rod - meet on way ??? 8. Derek & Andrea ( I will confirm by tonight... if I get my computer back ... got to talk to the better half!)9. Ron 10. Natalie11.12.13.14.15. ⬇

ROAD TRIP SIGN-UP1. Bill2. Glenn and Liz3. Britsmart (If I have the day off) 4. Nate5. Terry & Phyllis6. dragon - meet there ???7. Rod - meet on way ??? 8. Derek & Andrea 9. Ron 10. Natalie11.12.13.14.15. ⬇We are a goo for sure now!

ROAD TRIP SIGN-UP

1. Bill

2. Glenn and Liz

4. Nate

5. Terry & Phyllis

6. dragon - meet there ??

7. Rod - meet on way

8. Derek & Andrea

9. Ron

10. Natalie

15. ⬇

I'll be doing this trip again on the weekend....(Thanksgiving in Long Point) But what the heck! ROAD TRIP SIGN-UP1. Bill2. Glenn and Liz3. Britsmart (If I have the day off) 4. Nate5. Terry & Phyllis6. dragon - meet there ??7. Rod - meet on way8. Derek & Andrea 9. Ron 10. Natalie11. Melissa (Shaw's)12.13.14.15. ⬇

Hi Gang,Sorry :( , but we will miss this one, too. We have a meeting that we must attend that night. Maybe we can organize another outing later in the month. We'll try to arrange it. If not, hope to get a chance to see folks in November.Best wishes for a great time from me and Cliff!ROAD TRIP SIGN-UP1. Bill2. Glenn and Liz3. Britsmart (If I have the day off)4. Nate5. Terry & Phyllis6. dragon - meet there ??7. Rod - meet on way8. Derek & Andrea9. Ron10. Natalie11. Melissa (Shaw's)12.13.14.15. ⬇

Sorry Gang, I will not be able to make it now. I have an exam to write now on Tuesday (Classmates complained they didn't want to write the test right after thanksgiving. So he Moved it up a week.) Just found out by email. I am really disapointed. so Please have fun and take photos... Hope to join the next one. and maybe if there is an other outing this month I'll be able to go.CheersROAD TRIP SIGN-UP1. Bill2. Glenn and Liz3. Britsmart (If I have the day off)4. Nate5. Terry & Phyllis6. dragon - meet there ??7. Rod - meet on way8. Ron9.Natalie10. Melissa (Shaw's)11. 12.13.14.15. ⬇

Sorry folks, this will be the first event I have missed by the London group since we joined, but work (and the almighty dollar) has to come first. :(1. Bill2. Glenn and Liz3. Britsmart (If I have the day off)4. Nate5. Terry & Phyllis6. dragon - meet there ??7. Rod - meet on way8.Natalie9. Melissa (Shaw's)10. 11.12.13.14.15. ⬇

..... and away we go again.

I look forward to seeing everyone at Shaw's Ice Cream Shop by 5:30 today (at least those that plan to meet there).

Remember the plan is to leave Shaw's at 5:30 in order to maximize daylight travel and see as much of the fall colours as possible along the lake.

Plans are to meet up with Rod at Hwy#73 and Cty Rd #42 just after 6PM. We'll look for you, but we can't hold up the wagon train too long.

Dragon and Bitsmart will meet up also, if they can.

Our route will take us east along #45 to #73, south to #42, then east all the way thru Port Burwell to Port Rowan.

The return path differs in that we'll take some concession roads, then #45 to Mount Salem, north to Summer's Corners, then east on Hwy#3 thru

Aylmer to the St. Thomas bypass and back to London. People can peel off and return home anywhere they want to along the way.

Weather forecast is for clearing this afternoon and evening, so it should be a nice evening for a tour.

With the rain this morning and forecast again for tomorrow, I'm using it as an excuse to NOT wash my car before the drive.

See y'all there.

Bill

I really wanted to go. Hopefully next time I will be able to go if we go out for coffee/dinner again. Stupid classmates that complained.O-well, Enjoy your trip and all the fall colours!

I hope that you guys / gals had a GREAT time this evening!Sorry Dawn and I could not attend but it is soybean harvesting and winter wheat planting season right now in between showers that is!James

Six cars and 9 people. The cold, wet weather combined with an earlier-than-normal mid-week start resulted in a smaller-than-normal turnout.Still it was a nice restful drive, along with a decent fast-food dinner with a group of great people. What more does anyone want?Unless it's completing the evening with terrific donuts! (calories be damned). Testimonial proof from Phyllis, if needed.The bad weather conditions expected for the next 4 or 5 months (you know.... Winter) will require planning more local events for the regular monthly outings.Returning to several favourite area restaurants in London and Ilderton, along with a possible encore tour of Labatt's were all suggested.If anyone's got any suggestions for our 'first-Tuesday-of-the-month' events, please post them. Let's all try to get more new Smarties participating in the future. The more, the merrier.Stay tuned. :rollsmile:

I am sorry I couldn't come. I really want to meet up and hang out with other people that love smarts as much as me. I love these forms, and I love chatting with all of you. I would love to do it in person as well. I hope the next one I will be able to attend. I am glad yo uall had fun though.Cheers