Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pinhead19

EGR Emulator $95 (Includes Canadian Shipping)

37 posts in this topic

Yes, I was afraid it might not work on 451. Too bad!B :senile:

Anyone with a 451 in the kitchener area want a free one in exchange for letting me measure the signals on their car?

Anyone with a 451 in the kitchener area want a free one in exchange for letting me measure the signals on their car?

Do you know how to install it into a 451 CDI?

Do you know how to install it into a 451 CDI?

No, That is what I want to figure out.If it is like some other cars, both the EGR and the MAF will need to be modified.

Mass air flow.Some systems calculate the actual amount of air being recirculated.

The EGR related thing is perhaps part no. a0061536628, it is right to the air filter box:

Posted Image

Picture with removed T hose:

Posted Image

The 451 EGR seems to be controlled by air pressure.

HTH

Olaf

Anyone with a ScanGauge (or Star or WinStar Magus) and the EGR Emulator (or similarly de-commissioned EGR) notice that the boost comes on much earlier now?

I thought it was my 6½-gear-sensing Buttometer playing tricks on me after I installed it (ahh, the good old placebo effect), but my ScanGauge does not lie. Whereas before, cruising along at 1800 rpm in 5th or 6th showed only minimal boost (<1.0 psi), now, after installing the Emulator, at 1500 rpm it is developing 1.5-2.5 psi, and at 1800 it is showing steady 2.5 psi under light load conditions.

I simultaneously noticed better performance and quicker response (Buttometer) when I play with the pedal, and measurably improved fuel economy when I don't. My daily round trip commutes are now in the 2.8 to 3.2 L/100 Km area instead of 3.2 to 3.8 L/100 Km (I know the SG is not that accurate at low consumption numbers).

Ordered! Just started to run into EGR problems over the last couple of weeks. Hopefully I'll have the same experience as SameGuy!

Ordered one as well. I don't mind the repairs but having to clean out the EGR, again, is getting annoying so time to try a different approach.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Chatbox
    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More