Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Coast Steve

Stainless "sport GT" EXHAUST

284 posts in this topic

I am also interested in purchasing a system-(unpolished)(smooth tip)Robert

Ok, Robert,I am getting my new Electronic drive and new 3 phase motor on Tuesday.What I'm trying to say is, i'll be up and running again pretty quickly, like mid next week.At that time I will be ordering everything and asking for deposits.Thanks,Steve

1. Bill (cadillacman) unpolished kit (Smooth tip)2. Steve (strawboss) unpolished kit (Smooth tip)3. Mike (JonEsmash ) unpolished kit (Welded Tip) 4. John McKinney (SMRTENUF) unpolished kit (? Tip) 5 metro-mike (Tacoma Wash) unpolished kit (welded tip)6. shawn (2minits) UK, polished, (welded tip) ...............................(Prototype sold)7. Peter ( Heynow999) unpolished (smooth tip)8. Bil (bilgladstone.)..AKA (SkunkWerX) ( only mild steel flange) 9. (cimra) unpolished (welded tip) 10. Robert (Warrior) unpolished, smooth tip,

Ok, Dang, will do,Let me know your chosen options please.1. Bill (cadillacman) unpolished kit (Smooth tip)2. Steve (strawboss) unpolished kit (Smooth tip)3. Mike (JonEsmash ) unpolished kit (Welded Tip) 4. John McKinney (SMRTENUF) unpolished kit (? Tip) 5 metro-mike (Tacoma Wash) unpolished kit (welded tip)6. shawn (2minits) UK, polished, (welded tip) ...............................(Prototype sold)7. Peter ( Heynow999) unpolished (smooth tip)8. Bil (bilgladstone.)..AKA (SkunkWerX) ( only mild steel flange) 9. (cimra) unpolished (welded tip) 10. Robert (Warrior) unpolished, smooth tip, 11. Dang unpolished?, Smooth tip?

Edited by Coast Steve

Here's the newest upgraded muffler:It's #304 Stainless steel inside and out, #304 stainless tubing will be now 1 7/8" diameter into a 1 7/8" stainless lined turbo flex coupler then expanding onto a 2 1/4" stainless muffler then back down to 1 7/8" again.But the systems should look pretty much the same, except be a little smaller diameter pipe.The new muffler is the same length, but is a slight oval shape 6 1/2"x 4 1/2" not the older 5" round, this is to keep things well away from the stock valances and heat sheilds.It will also have a slight bit more volume for sound absorbing.This muffler is a little more money than the last one I used, and the tubing is a little less.So it works out to pretty much the same in pricing.This is the only pic I have right now of the stainless muffler, sorry.I will assume people are ok with the change when deposits are given later this week.Thanks, ;) Steve

post-3704-1288712364_thumb.jpg

Edited by Coast Steve

Well Caddyman, If you have a look at this pic, and look at the mounting plates for the aluminum bar, it looks to me that the aluminum bar would be about one inch away maybe?, so that puts your 1/2" thick? metal hitch plate behind the aluminum bar about 1/2" and inch or less away from the top of the muffler.Now I may be wrong on this, but that's just my guess looking at the pic here.Now this pic shows a 5" round,................ the new ones are 6 3/4" tall and 4.5" wide, (as in toward the valance)Taller yes, but oval which could taper away from the hitch.? and thinner so maybe it will just fit in behind the hitch metal.I don't know, but I do know it will be super close.Not sure what else to say.

post-3704-1288885634_thumb.jpg

Edited by Coast Steve

Deposit time gang!

You can either pay the full amount so you are done with it, or just a $400 deposit.

Either way, the full needs to be paid before the units are shipped.

Please send a money order, cheque or pay pal.

The pay pal address for this is:

stevecw@telus.net

Please PM me for my mailing address if sending a cheque or money order.

When sending please also E-mail me the amount sent, your Forum and real name.

Also your mailing address and phone mumber.

This will help me keep track of everyone easily, and I can just print it out.

Here is the link for your shipping costs:

I'm going to trust everyone to do their own shipping cost.

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far...?execution=e3s1

My postal code is V0N2H0

It's set for Canada right now

The weight is 15 lbs all packed

size is 32"x12"x8"

Then just put in your postal or zip code.

You will be offered a few mailing options and prices, the cheapest option is on the bottom.

Thanks Guys!

Edited by Coast Steve

Steve,Is this a one time deal or will you be manufacturing these in the future as demands require?We don't need one right now but will of course at some point.Thanks,Rick

Edited by lebikerboy

Rick,

I will be doing these first ones and then I have a few other booked jobs to do before I could do any others.

But saying that, I would also like to do a "batch" together next time as well, not just one or two.

I will always have the tools here in my shop for these types of jobs so these and other jobs like it will all be considered in the future.

Plus don't forget, my fulltime job is a fabricator : http://www.stevewillgoose.com/

Damn, I have to pay for my new $900 lathe motor somehow!

Edited by Coast Steve

I think I will put a deadline to order on this batch, so let's say MONDAY ?The reason is I need to have the order finalized for shipping and am only making the amount of systems we need.I'm not really a dealer so I won't be carrying stock.Well ..........maybe one extra unit on hand.Thanks

Edited by Coast Steve

FYI,A check or money order is better,Pay pal or at least the last time I used them were charging 5-$10 a transaction.They seemed to have changed their rates ..........they are now criminals.So if you can just pop something in the mail for me, please doWarrior gave me an interact payment to my E mail address, and that worked very well too If you need to pay pal, don't worry go ahead.Thanks,Steve(cimra) unpolished (welded tip) .....................................deposit paidPeter ( Heynow999) unpolished (smooth tip)..................... paid in fullSteve (strawboss) unpolished kit (Smooth tip)...................mailedMike (JonEsmash ) unpolished kit (Welded Tip) ...................mailedmetro-mike (Tacoma Wash) unpolished kit (welded tip).........mailedRobert (Warrior) unpolished, smooth tip, ............................. Paid in fullJohn McKinney (SMRTENUF) unpolished kit (smooth Tip)...........paid in full

Edited by Coast Steve

Thanks guys, for paying so fast.When we get all the deposits I will start fabricating ! ;)

Edited by Coast Steve

(cimra) unpolished (welded tip) .....................................paid in fullPeter ( Heynow999) unpolished (smooth tip)..................... paid in fullSteve (strawboss) unpolished kit (Smooth tip)...................mailedMike (JonEsmash ) unpolished kit (Welded Tip) ...................mailedmetro-mike (Tacoma Wash) unpolished kit (welded tip).........mailedRobert (Warrior) unpolished, smooth tip, ............................. Paid in fullJohn McKinney (SMRTENUF) unpolished kit (smooth Tip)...........paid in fullDan (Dang) polished unit, (Smooth tip)............................paid in fullBill (cadillacman) unpolished kit (Smooth tip)..............................Bill, I will make one to see if it fits with a hitch for you, if not it will be in stock ;) That's it guys, everyone's paid.I want to say thank you to everybody for sending all the needed info.Any changes or additions, please let me know asap, deadline is Monday for changes or new orders.Thanks again, ;) Steve

Edited by Coast Steve

I thought I would keep you guys in the loop as the systems are made.Went into Vancouver yesterday and chose some nice materials.1/2" thick #304 stainless steel, cut at 77 degrees. (I went a little thinner here than the prototype, this keeps the pipe further away from the engine mount)6 feet of 3/4"thick x 8"wide, 6061-T6 aluminum flatbar for the muffler mount , (I went a little thicker here to stiffen things up a bit) original was 1/2"And 1/4" wall 6061-T6 extruded aluminum for mounting bracket topsAll the other stainless parts have been ordered.

post-3704-1289438854_thumb.jpg

post-3704-1289438867_thumb.jpg

Edited by Coast Steve

SteveThank you for the update, this information helps to keep the excitement at a feverish pitch in anticipation of the system finally being delivered. The added boost to the performance (and sound quality) will help to quell the negative rantings of my so-called friends. Boy will I show them!One of the many qualities of the Smart is of course its nimbleness and to throw in some quickness is going to be a real treat.Just today I tried out 1 of the parking spaces that the City of Victoria has installed for my own personal use, I say haha to all the shopperstrying to find a spot with their leviathans. Great fun knowing I can fit where my wifes Vanagon Syncro will have to pass by. Robert

A free-flowing intake and exhaust will let you really get the most out of your remap! Bil :sun:

I have been milling the #304 stainless flange blanks, and you see the 3 stages.The stage on the mill shown I am taking the corners off the blanks.The next stage is edge sanding to the rough shape.Next will be all the lathe work.Also, if there are any machinist types out there, I'm looking for indexable carbide toolholders.boring bars, facing tools, parting tools, etc, to buy (or trade for an exhaust system) ;)

post-3704-1289692269_thumb.jpg

post-3704-1289693947_thumb.jpg

post-3704-1289693961_thumb.jpg

post-3704-1289782812_thumb.jpg

Edited by Coast Steve

It's a shame I don't have my father's stuff still, he was a tool & die maker.The newest item would be 40 years old by now but some things never change,right?

Well that's true for most of machining I think, but they have come a long way with these carbide indexable insert tools like the ones pictured.And tool and die makers like your dad were and still are, the cream of the crop in machining ;)

post-3704-1289752768_thumb.jpg

post-3704-1289752785_thumb.jpg

Edited by Coast Steve

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Chatbox
    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More